When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Conventional Underwriter is responsible for evaluation, review and approval/denial of loan applications based on investor guidelines. Determines stipulations of loans and communicates directly with required parties to resolve stipulations. Assist other team members with files which exceed approval guidelines and exceptions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The Underwriter II is responsible for analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations
- Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU.
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
- May review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
- Responsible for providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
- Provide training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
- Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets.
- Required Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) or comparable automated underwriting system required. Basic computer skills required. Experience with word processing beneficial. Prefer experience with TMO.
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage underwriting or lending experience with 1 or more years of lead or supervisory experience in underwriting.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Visit our Media Room to learn more about Mr. Cooper, the largest non-bank mortgage servicer.
For further information or to apply online click ”Apply” below
Employees matched to this sub unit underwrite loans originated through multiple origination channels and / or product types.