When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Principal Financial Planning & Analyst (PMO) will report into the VP of Planning & Forecasting and will manage the servicing project portfolio financials including oversight on Cost Benefits Analyst (CBAs). The Principal Financial Analyst will partner with Finance to build expense and benefit forecasts for projects, driving monthly, quarterly, annual expense views as well as hits and misses on benefits.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own the Servicing Project Portfolio financials
- Drive relationship with Finance on forecasting expense and benefits and tracking actuals
- Oversee the financial variance, trend, and ad-hoc analysis for the Servicing segment and partner with the management team, both operational and corporate, to provide value-added insight into the business
- Proactively identify, track, and analyze key financial and non-financial business metrics; with the goal of contributing to business decisions and driving operational results
- Provide oversight on CBA process and ensure continuity and clarity on numbers across projects
- Manage the financial views related to P&L, Cash, GAAP etc. and impact to business
- Oversee ongoing narratives around hits and misses relative to plan
- Package presentations and drive conversations with senior leaders in Servicing, Finance and IT around portfolio performance
- Know and understand how the benefits are calculated and what value propositions exist to be able to dive deeper and explain changes in expectations
- This role will involve high levels of communication across all servicing functions, to effectively and accurately report variances to budget.
- This role will be a critical thought architect on evaluating future expense opportunities and risk.
- The position requires an individual who can work within a team in a highly demanding environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Highly regarded for teamwork, flexibility, integrity, ethics, professionalism, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player with superior analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline is required
- Certification including Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or MBA is preferred
- At least 5 years of Financial Analysis experience required
- At least 7 years Financial Planning and Analysis experience in the financial services industry preferred. Experience in mortgage or real estate a plus.
- Strong Excel skills including financial modeling, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to write/build queries is a must; Experience with Access and SQL databases
- Worked with SharePoint, Power Apps or Power BI (a plus)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Manager for servicing project portfolio financials including oversight on CBAs, partnering with Finance to build expense and benefit forecasts for projects, driving monthly, quarterly, annual expense views as well as hits and misses on benefits.