When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees multiple Underwriting Teams each consisting of an Underwriting Manager and 12-15 underwriters.
- Provides thorough strategic direction, goal setting, and daily leadership by managing and directing staff responsible for executing consistent and repeatable processes and practices resulting in accurate credit and collateral decisions.
- Works with VP to develop and implement consistent processes and practices creating greater efficiencies and accuracy in loan underwriting.
- Manages Underwriting teams to acceptable turn times, defect rates, and production levels
- Ensure teams are operating in compliance with established policies and guidelines
- Responsible to ensure all monthly Quality Control findings and reports are responded to in a timely fashion. Oversees implementation of action plans as necessary.
- Provides direction or assistance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions to ensure the best possible outcomes. Ensures that these escalated loan issues are reviewed and resolved in a timely manner providing customer satisfaction.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and attends training to ensure a thorough working knowledge of the company's technical, operational, loan programs, and underwriting guidelines.
- Supports all training and coaching for the Underwriting Teams to ensure all personnel have the knowledge, skills and abilities to meet performance goals.
- Coordinates with other Operations Managers and the Credit Risk Oversight team to ensure all available training and communications are provided to Underwriting Team in a timely and thorough manner.
- Provides effective communication regarding resolved issues to VP of Underwriting in order to avoid similar problems in the future.
- Oversees recruiting, hiring, and staffing of the Underwriting Teams with qualified individuals.
- Guides performance management activities to ensure they are administered in a timely and effective manner in order to retain a high-performing, motivated staff.
- Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position or equivalent combination of job related experience and education
- Minimum of 5+ years demonstrated Underwriting Management experience, with at least 2 years in a retail environment; Experience at the Director level or higher is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years underwriting experience or equivalent
- Proficient in DU, LP and Fraud Detection programs
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications required
- Extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines; FHA,VA and Jumbo experience is a plus
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Employees matched to this sub unit underwrite loans originated through multiple origination channels and / or product types.