When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Partner with Mr. Cooper management to collaboratively identify and creatively mitigate risks. As a manager of the audit team, lead the evaluation of operational, financial and compliance practices and develop ideas to help clients creatively manage risk while building strong relationships, departmental credibility and demand for audit services. Deliver outstanding audit services to business partners and act as a leading member of the Mr. Cooper team of risk management and audit professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and build partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures and reporting progress.
- Supervise and coach the audit team including; ensuring assignments are adequately planned in advance, answering questions, providing technical assistance to the audit staff, ensuring work is performed in accordance with company and internal audit standards and providing staff assessments with input from the Vice President.
- Coordinate and execute audit activities with other departments to secure resources needed to evaluate programs and conduct audits.
- Prepare audit reports and provide review and edits to staff draft audit reports (and other correspondences) to ensure clarity, conciseness and comprehensibility. Ensure that audit reports clearly communicate the risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee prospective.
- Work with business management to develop creative, practical recommendations and solutions to business process and control concerns. Provide monitoring, reporting and review of the status of outstanding audit findings.
- Advise and coordinate with other departments about policies, procedures and process improvements.
- Assist the Vice President of Internal Audit on special projects and assignments.
- Represent Internal Audit for major company initiatives and provide guidance on issues relating to risk management, controls and processes.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits.
Functional Job Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead the development of staff objectives, provide insight and guidance to establish benchmarks and output, follow up on a regular basis to assure objectives are met, and coach staff to maximize performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and oversee multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Eight years progressively responsible experience in performing audits in one or more of the following fields:
- Financial/Operational Auditing
- External Auditing
- Information Systems Auditing
Certification as a CIA, CPA, CMA, or CISA. Prior Mortgage servicing industry experience a plus. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Audit & Controls
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):