When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Credit Risk Analyst (Government) will be responsible for performing basic functions related to the review of FHA, VA, and USDA loans, which may include certain aspects of loan level reviews selected for post endorsement audits. Reporting to the Department Manager, the Analyst must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage required timelines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The position requires an individual who can work within a team in a time sensitive environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Monitor and update employee access to FHA, VA, and USDA applications
- Process FHA and VA Case number transfers
- Assign Notice of Value (NOV) requests on VA appraisals and monitor completion
- Analyze mortgage loan applications, disclosures, and other loan documentation for compliance with both internal and external (for example, regulatory and investor) requirements, policies and procedures. This will include both AUS and Manual findings.
- Review and interpret audit finding requests.
- Compile and review detailed package submissions before release to various entities (such as investors, regulators, auditors, or Government entities)
- Track all correspondence and communicate updates to Manager, and other relevant internal parties. May require direct communication with various external entities.
- Respond to questions and submissions quickly and clearly
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in both written and oral forms.
- Respond to loan defects and deficiencies with well written “rebuttals” and curative documentation resolutions
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed (may require daily use and generation of department SharePoint reports, etc.)
- Support other analysts and operational departments as required
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Products (especially Excel, Word)
- Strong ability to multi-task, be highly organized and manage priorities within given timelines. Job tasks frequently exposed to interruptions and prioritization skills are essential
- Ability to be resourceful and seek out information from manager, co-workers and internal business partners
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in residential lending related to any of the following: Post closing, Quality control, Underwriting, Auditing or similar experience.
- Previous experience with, FHA and VA loans or lending, required
- Previous experience with FNMA, FHLMC, USDA, Compliance, Product management, Underwriting or Risk experience is a plus
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Provides analysis and evaluation regarding the credit risk for a financial institution. Works toward goal of maximum profit and minimal credit loss or risk.