When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Adhere to general work requirements
- Oversee a team of underwriters/jr. underwriters and/or processors and their responsibilities, including but not limited to the verification of all documentation and calculations, property & appraisal reviews
- Remain current on funding and/or secondary market investor requirements and pricing policies and ensure compliance therewith
- Manage underwriter quality and productivity and provide direction and/or training as needed
- Participate in and recommend signing authorities for the underwriters within the center
- Manage and provide day-to-day support for second signatures, declination resubmissions.
- Coordinates with Site Risk Directors for any necessary responses to QA, QC or Agency quality responses and associated trending that results in improvement and training
- Share responsibility for the overall loan quality and data integrity on all loans and oversee prefunding quality control results within the team
- Measure and monitor customer service expectations for credit team members specific to company standards for communication and associated policies
- Track and monitor underwriting metrics including error ratios, quality scores, headcount, customer service communication and all required service level agreements
- Review trended underwriter, jr underwriter/processor data and provide necessary action plan recommendations to the Site Manager to improve team and center results associated specifically with loan decision and data quality
- Provide a consistent approach to new hire training of underwriters and jr. underwriters/processors
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring (with partnership of Team Management and Credit Risk Management) and complete on-boarding process of all credit related team members and manage and mentor personnel
- Work with other team members to maintain efficient document flow
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and investor regulations/requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Home - Florida
Employees matched to this sub unit underwrite loans originated through multiple origination channels and / or product types.