This job posting is no longer active.
Location: No City, TX, United States
Req ID: 012097
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE
Adhere to general work requirements
Review moderately complex applications for completeness and update data in LOS to ensure data integrity
Work with internal and external partners to clear conditions in a timely manner
Analyze and review documentation in file to verify accuracy of application and support underwriting decision
Calculate income based on tax returns and/or other income documents in file
Review and confirm assets in file
. Review and analyze appraisals, preliminary title work and purchase contracts
Make moderately complex loan decisions based on the overall worthiness of the borrower, layering of risk and all program requirements and issue loan approvals, suspensions, counter offers or denials
Identify quality concerns and red flags and validate accuracy of associated risk to the borrower or property/collateral profile
Communicate decisions (written and verbal) to all parties (specifically brokers and sales partners as appropriate) and build relationships with both internal and external partners Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong analytical skills • Good verbal and written communication skills • Ability to provide outstanding customer service in fast-paced environments • Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software • Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of management • Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required • Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
• 2-4 years of mortgage banking underwriting experience
• Previous experience with manual underwriting (downgrades)
• Familiarity with appraisal vendors and Interthinx type tools
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Familiarity with DU/LP AUS and LOS systems and Data Trac • FHA DE designation
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:012097
Primary Location City:No City
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:77027
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Origination
Additional Posting Location(s):
Alternate Requisition:NoPay Range: $75,000.00 - $94,000.00 - $113,000.00