When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective internal investigations regarding employee relations concerns such as allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other potentially illegal behavior.
- Consult with HR Business Partners and management on investigation recommendations and drive consistency in decision making and actions across the company.
- Assist with administration of case management system and accurate reporting.
- Develop proficient utilization of the career transition services tool and program and HR systems.
- Counsel employees on concerns related to applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other similar federal and state laws.
- Assist in all phases of administering job eliminations and reductions in force.
- Design and deliver training on employment related topics.
- Assist in the development of company policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with the application, interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal compliance and performance problems, transfers, terminations and promotions to ensure fair and consistent application.
- Partner with HR Business Partners on complex performance issues, consult and make recommendations on consistent application of corrective action, performance improvement, disciplinary counseling and termination documentation in adherence with company policies and practices.
- Resolve ER projects as assigned.
- Multi-task and prioritize urgency of inquiries or issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Human Resources-related laws, legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Support diversity & inclusion and company culture initiatives to create a high trust, inclusive company.
- Thorough understanding of human resources and employee relations principles, laws, practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage highly confidential matters and use independent, solid judgment in decision making.
- Be self directed, motivated and possess ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills.
- Expertise in investigation practices and able to analyze information to drive decision recommendations.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to effectively communicate with all staff levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with leaders, team members, legal, HR counterparts, and other stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to compile, research, and analyze information and to interpret facts.
- Ability to apply insights to data and to compose and present comprehensive reports and summarize key findings.
- Project management, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience with the development and implementation of various HR, procedures and work flows.
- Ability to understand the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, related field or equivalent work related experience.
- At least 8 years of progressive Employee Relations experience, including investigations (harassment, discrimination, leave, accommodations,
etc.), reductions in force, policy writing/interpretation/compliance administration, employment law related issues, disciplinary actions, performance management.
- US Employee Relations knowledge and experience including emphasis on Texas, West Coast including but not limited to California, and Mountain states including but not limited to Arizona.
- Experience using Workday.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred but not required.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
The Employee Relations Principal will be part of an ER team responsible for handling employee relations policies, procedures, and programs which might include, but not be limited to, updating and developing company employment policies and procedures, employee-related investigations, reductions in force, drafting and conducting training including preventive leader training, trends reporting, and support of D&I initiatives.