When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creates a performance consultant relationship, balancing the needs of the LOB with the resources available to create the most value. Perform a combination of job shadowing and 1:1 coaching
- Provide training and assistance to Conventional and Government Underwriters to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information
- Analyzing highly complex financial and credit information accordingly to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines and federal regulations
- Planning and implementing training assignments – developing action/project plans, obtaining resources, and completing assignments in a timely manner to ensure that workplace learning and performance goals are achieved
- Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU
- Facilitation – facilitating instructor led training sessions covering specified areas such as new hire training, on-the-job training, refresher training, ongoing training, etc.; reporting on progress of employees under guidance during training periods; assisting employees with problems concerning "how to" perform specific tasks related to their job function
- Measuring and evaluating – designing surveys and gathering data to answer specific questions regarding the value or impact of learning and performance solutions; focusing on the impact of individual programs and creating overall measures of system effectiveness; leveraging findings to increase effectiveness and provide recommendations for change
- Underwrites small pipeline of loans in order to remain fresh on Underwriting guidelines, PNPS, and Operating Systems
- Travel at least minimum once a month to maintain consistency between all supporting locations
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income
- Underwriter III
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation required.
- VA – Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation(s) required
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint. Encompass system knowledge preferred
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
The Principal Underwriting Training is responsible for designing, planning and implementing underwriting training programs, policies and procedures. Reporting to the VP of Production Risk Management, the Principal Underwriting Training researches new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs. The Principal Underwriting Training works in lockstep with the Production Risk Management team to issue guidance and training in real time as global trends are identified that require remediation. Also contracts with vendors for employee participation in outside training programs. Additionally responsible for evaluation, review and approval/ denial of loan applications based on investor guidelines. Determines stipulations of loans and communicates directly with required parties to resolve stipulations.