When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Completes assigned reconciliations accurately, completely and in the time frame required by corporate policies.
- Processes and maintains assigned ad hoc or recurring journal entries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works with external audit firm to support timely completion of audits or compliance reporting.
- Works with internal Financial Reporting personnel to support timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy and integrity of accounting and transactional records to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Ensures that interfaces between ancillary systems and the general ledger are processed timely and accurately so that the affected assigned general ledger accounts are complete, accurate and properly classified.
- Independently provides prompt, courteous and professional customer service to internal and external users of information provided by the Accounting department.
- Independently reviews revenue and expense accounts for accuracy; determines proper accruals.
- Assists in monthly preparations of financial statements, including an understanding of new accounts or issues.
- Develops and maintains financial databases with servicing and / or collateral information.
- Assists other departments with compiling information and reporting results and outages.
- Analyzes financial information to develop efficient use of resources, propose procedures, or provide strategic recommendations to address business and financial problems and maintain solutions
- Analyzes and advises on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Prepares financial management reports
- Trains new staff and mentors less experienced staff.
- Leads ad-hoc projects, documents accounting processes and reviews light reconciliations.
- Maintains Sox controls and departmental documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- CPA Certification required
- 4 + years of Accounting experience required. (Directly-related industry experience preferred but not required).
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
The Senior Accountant will assist in certain close activities. The position requires strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving skills, understanding of GAAP, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills. This position requires significant interaction with a vast array of internal customers.