When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
We are looking for a detail-oriented team player who enjoys hands-on involvement with complex IT Audit and IT SOX programs.
The Sr. IT Auditor performs audit work that impacts a variety of financial, operational, and compliance programs in conformance with company policies and procedures. As a Sr. Auditor, you will implement and may recommend changes in financial and managerial controls as required to protect assets, prevent fraud, and maximize operational efficiency for the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts independent internal audits and reviews in support of the Company’s annual internal audit plan, including leading and participating in a wide variety of IT Audit and IT SOX reviews.
- Develops audit test programs and performs audit tests to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Experience & knowledge in IT control best practices within key IT infrastructure areas including network and Internet security, SDLC, BCP/DR, application security, cloud computing, data center operations and general IT operations
- Performs research to understand and summarize laws and regulations or other requirements and assesses if functions and programs being evaluated are in compliance.
- Prepares audit findings and recommendations that clearly communicate risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee perspective.
- Meets with clients / auditees to communicate audit results and recommendations.
- Provides periodic updates to management and the Internal Audit AVP and/or VP regarding status of audits and other projects in process.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships and partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress.
- Provides assistance and guidance to external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits (where applicable).
- Assists the AVP and/or VP on special projects and assignments.
- Develops skills necessary for advancement to other opportunities within the company or within the Internal Audit team.
- Good analytical skills and utilizes data analysis software to perform statistical analyses of data (SQL knowledge a plus, but not required).
Proven experience and knowledge in auditing the following IT audit domains:
- Information Security
- Data Governance and Management
- Network and Internet Security
- Business Continuity and Planning and Disaster Recovery
- User Access
- Data Center and IT Operations
- IT Governance
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), and Application Change Management
- Websites and Mobile Applications
- Cloud Computing
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- IT Problem Management, Help Desk and Service Level Management
- Enterprise Applications including the following control areas:
- Application security architecture
- Application access
- Server-level access and controls
- Database-level access and controls
- System interface controls to ensure completeness, accuracy, and data integrity
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- At least 3 years of public accounting or internal audit experience in the financial services industry
- At least 3 years’ experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Audit – IT General Controls testing.
- AT least 3 years’ experience with IT – Control implementation and compliance review.
- Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies and practices, including IIA standards, and the implementation of such methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), specifically, skills with Excel including filtering, pivots, charting and graphing; and PowerPoint skills used in creating various reports for senior management
- Strong project management skills understanding assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on status
- Understanding of data and data structure
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISA, CIA, or information security related certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, CISM a plus.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Audit & Controls
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Works under general direction to perform audit work individually or as a team that impacts a variety of financial, operational, and compliance programs in conformance with company policies and procedures. Implements and may recommend changes in financial and managerial controls as required to protect assets, prevent fraud, and maximize operational efficiency for the organization.