When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Underwriting Support Manager (in the Department of Credit Risk) will be responsible for managing the Senior Credit Risk Analyst members, and Government UW Certification / Government Web Access / Repair Escrow / UW Support/ VA Appraisal mailboxes. Engage with each team member to help them realize Personal, Business, and SLA goals while maintaining company Core Values. The ideal candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of the policies and procedures related to all aspects of FHA, VA and USDA loan programs, from origination and underwriting through closing and delivery. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team ensuring accurate and timely research response to credit policy questions and clarifications
- Review and maintain timely test case certification reviews (all Gov Products -FHA, VA, USDA
- Manage various document changes for UW Certification, Lending Authority and internal reporting to the SharePoint site for viewing, seamless transition for business partners and internal audits
- Manage and maintain UW Certification, Lending Authority, and SharePoint site policy- procedures
- Manages job regs as needed conducting interviews and collaborate with assigned HR analyst
- Manages publication of documents (reviews and update recommendations) owned by Credit Risk as it relates to Credit Risk responsibilities
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business operations (loan origination, set up, processing, underwriting, closing/funding and, post-closing-insuring for Government loans
- Understands all government navigation website tools for FHA, VA, and USDA (FHAC-4000.1, HUB-LGY-VA handbook, and GUS-HB1-3555
- Works closely with internal Business Operations and Credit Risk providing resolutions to escalated loan delivery / uninsurable loan issues. Manages and Coordinates timely response to all research efforts
- Manages active and special projects obtaining business partner feedback as assigned
- Elevates and presents policy discussion topics for Senior Management review
- Develops relationship with business partners and external agency representatives (FHA, VA, and USDA) to facilitate policy discussion and interpretation
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Business Partners
- Associate or bachelor’s degree (desired) or combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily per form the essential job junctions
- 7+ years of job-related experience – especially with FHA, VA and/or USDA loan programs
- Previous experience in residential mortgage loan originations or operations and a good working knowledge of Government credit underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures (i.e., Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and USDA guidelines).
- Senior level knowledge in Core Competencies: Technical Writing, Strong Communication Skills, Policy Comprehension and Research
- Demonstrated proficiency to coordinate and communicate effectively with senior leadership teams
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation required.
- VA – Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation(s) preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications required
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Underwriting Support Manager for Government Credit Risk