When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper is seeking a motivated individual for a Principal Security Engineer position. Join the team who works tirelessly responding to emerging security threats impacting Mr. Cooper and our customers. The person will support direction for advanced Information Security and consults on all aspects of Security Operations across the enterprise, and evaluates the risks associated with new and existing security operations technologies as they relate to team and department objectives. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security procedures and processes. They must have a passion for security operations and for filling gaps in capabilities. A successful candidate in this role will also work closely with the Security and Infrastructure System and process Owners and other IT Resources.. This is a highly technical and consultative position responsible for multiple technologies and processes across the security operations and engineering area. The ability to quickly consider all available technologies and processes to determine the best course of action is key to the role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of Splunk log data infrastructure. Coordinate with Security Operations Analysts and SecOps leadership to determine the types and quantity of logs successfully ingested into the SIEM platform. Add new log sources as required.
- Assisting in the development of pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
- Communicating effectively with varying audiences at multiple levels of sensitivity and organizational level.
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to coordinate response as necessary across affected teams.
- Ensure that all data is protected from unauthorized modification, destruction, and disclosure.
- Assist in the development junior security engineers and provide career guidance as needed.
- Maintenance of Endpoint Detection and Response technology rules and configurations as required.
- Provide security governance of Web Application Firewall and DNS Security technology rules and configuration as required.
- Provide security governance and regular review of Next-Gen Firewall technology rules and configuration as required.
- Experience Implementing and maintaining Splunk infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of network security including ports commonly utilized as attack vectors.
- Demonstrated experience in areas such as systems security, network, and application security.
- Broad understanding of security technologies and the ability to integrate these technologies in creative ways to meet the needs of the business while limiting risk.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing, and eradicating real-world threats.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation.
- Understanding problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and the ability to clearly articulate a solution.
- Maintaining an understanding of threat environments and how it could affect the company.
- A desire and proven history to lead complex and technical projects with minimal supervision.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Strong experience with managing Splunk SIEM infrastructure AND a combination of the following:
- Experience administering Proofpoint email security gateway or similar technology.
- Experience configuring Office 365 inbound security controls for email, cloud applications, Azure Active Directory, and data loss prevention.
- Experience working with Zscaler or similar technology.
- Experience working with Crowdstrike or similar EDR technology.
- Experience governing Palo Alto firewalls or other next-gen firewall platform.
- Familiarity/experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure services and security concepts.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or equivalent.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):