When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr.Cooper is seeking a motivated individual for a Principal Security Engineer position. Join the team who works tirelessly responding to emerging security threats impacting Mr. Cooper and our customers. The person will support direction for advanced Information Security and consults on all aspects of Security Operations across the enterprise, and evaluates the risks associated with new and existing security operations technologies as they relate to team and department objectives. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security procedures and processes. They must have a passion for security operations and for filling gaps in capabilities. A successful candidate in this role will also work closely with the Security and Infrastructure System and process Owners and other IT Resources.. This is a highly technical and consultative position responsible for multiple technologies and processes across the security operations and engineering area. The ability to quickly consider all available technologies and processes to determine the best course of action is key to the role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration of Splunk SIEM rules to ensure proper governance of security monitoring controls
- Design and develop processes to ensure Splunk SEIM implementation aligns with organizational regulations and security best practices
- Engineer solutions for enhancements of Splunk SIEM technology and work with MSSP to coordinate submitted and completed
- Develop SIEM implementation and deployment processes for log injection, monitoring, and transition to analysis procedures
- Administration of ObserveIT Endpoint Data Leakage Security technology rules and configurations
- Administration of Zscaler web content rule set and configurations
- Administration and engineering of Crowdstrike Endpoint Detection and Response technology rules and configurations or similar next generation AV technology
- Administration and engineering of Cloudflare Web Application Firewall and DNS Security technology rules and configuration
- Administration and engineering of O365 Security Controls
- Administration of Palo Alto or similar network security firewall and Intrusion prevention technology
- Coordination with other teams to ensure proper change management processes are followed for updates and configuration changes to Security Operations technologies
- Assisting in the development of pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
- Work with teammates to collaboratively meet team objectives
- Communicating effectively with varying audiences at multiple levels of sensitivity and organizational level
- Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research to coordinate response as necessary across affected teams.
- Ensure that all data is protected from unauthorized modification, destruction and disclosure.
- 2+ years' experience with managing Splunk SIEM environment
- Experience Implementing Splunk SIEM environments
- Experience working with MSSP’s
- Advanced knowledge of Splunk queries
- 1-year experience working with Zscaler
- 1-year experience working with Crowdstrike
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in areas such as systems security, network, and/or application security
- Certifications such as CISSP or equivalent
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and methods for their remediation
- Understanding problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Maintaining an understanding of threat environments and how it could affect the company.
- Displays strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to identify underlying issues from various technology sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of intrusion prevention systems
- Good knowledge of data loss prevention systems
- Good knowledge of endpoint protection systems
- 10+ years of information security experience.
- CISM or equivalent desired
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, GCIH, etc.
- Good demonstrated knowledge of common attacks frameworks (MITRE, etc).
- Familiarity/experience with AWS and Azure services and security concepts
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):