When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Supports the design & delivery of the Company’s disability plans, leave of absence and FMLA policies, workers compensation and ADA accommodations process.
- Provide concierge-level coaching, guidance and advice to team members, managers and HR generalists related to the Company’s leave policies, disability plans and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) accommodation processes.
- Acts as a liaison between team members, third-party leave administrator and disability insurance provider to track document submission/collection and follow through for timely claim determination and benefit payment.
- Provides timely and ongoing communication with team members, managers and HR generalists related to case status, changes and expected return to work dates.
- Facilitates the Request for Accommodations processes between the third-party intake provider, team member, manager and HR generalist to make determination on accommodation requests. Proactively involves employment counsel to assist with determinations on complex ADA requests.
- Maintains well-documented files on each leave of absence, disability and ADA request.
- As a member of the Leave Administration Team effectively manages assigned cases and works collaboratively across the team to share insights, assist teammates during peak periods and provide coverage when others are off.
- Partners with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the leave and ADA processes to improve the team member, manager and/or HR generalist experience and internal work efficiencies.
- Works cross-functionally with other HR Operations Teams (such as Payroll and HRIS), Facilities, Security and Legal where leave of absence and ADA requests have impact.
- Handles escalations from team members, managers or HR by taking in the information or issue, researching and compiling all the facts in the situation and making a recommendation to the AVP or designee about how to disposition escalation.
- Monitors trends in the leave of absence and accommodations environment and must stay informed of the evolving regulatory environment.
- Tracks and reports leave and accommodation case statistics requested by leadership.
- Manage small projects from time-to-time as needed
- Empathetic and excellent team member, manager and HR service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and statutory regulations including FMLA, ADA, military leave, California family leave, etc…
- Ability to protect confidential information in accordance with HIPAA and Company policies
- Proven track record of effective collaboration in a team-based environment
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday or similar top-tier HRIS system (SAP, PeopleSoft or like)
- 4-6 years of Benefits or leave administration or 2-4 years of direct leave administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and administers Company-wide leave of absence, disability and ADA accommodation plans and policies. Provides concierge-like support to team members, managers and HR to help them navigate the leave, disability, workers compensation and accommodations processes. Works collaboratively as a member of the Leave Administration Team and cross-functional.