When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The AVP of Corporate Accounting will be responsible for certain close activities. The position requires strong attention to detail, advanced problem-solving skills, understanding of GAAP, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills. This position requires significant interaction with a vast array of internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage a team of who will perform certain functions including reconciliations, journal entries, and close activities.
- Lead in the standardization of documentation and support for accounting processes and transactions
- Assist in the maintenance, creation and monitoring of KPIs for the accounting areas to ensure a quality level of service to internal customers, providing regular reporting to CAO.
- Assist in the maintenance and establishment of new processes and controls consistent with a quality controls environment and drive improvements in efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial information and processes ensuring ongoing compliance with SOX and with US GAAP.
- Work with acquisition teams on accounting matters including analyzing and recording initial balances.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies.
- Participate in cross-functional projects associated with accounting process or system changes
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Integrity & Trust: direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; recognizes improvement opportunities; takes ownership of work papers.
- Accuracy & Completeness: prepares all work papers with concern for all details and the highest standards of quality
- Understanding of GAAP principles: Understands and can apply GAAP principles to preparation of financial footnotes and financial statements.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; pursues assigned tasks to completion. Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in processes and reporting; establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships with customers and co-workers to gains their trust and respect. Highly intelligent with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Written Communications: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Flexibility: Able to work overtime as required, including weekends to meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA designation preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting, finance or audit with advanced knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices
- Excellent communication skills and experience building and managing cross-functional teams
- Mortgage Banking Experience Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (i.e., v-look ups, pivot tables), and Microsoft Access experience desired
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
Develops and implements accounting practices and procedures. Provides and interprets data from accounting records as required from management. Coordinates accounting services and integrates with operating needs. Oversees the management of functions such as property records, general ledger, and general accounting services (i.e., payroll and accounts payable).