When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Manages, provides guidance and direction for leave of absence team.
- Leads the design & delivery of the Company’s disability plans, leave of absence and FMLA policies, workers compensation and ADA accommodations process.
- Provide concierge-level coaching, guidance and advice to managers and HR generalists related to the Company’s leave policies, disability plans and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) accommodation processes.
- Owns relationship between team members, third-party leave administrators and disability insurance provider to track document submission/collection and follow through for timely claim determination and benefit payment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with third party administrators to ensure performance is within contracted service levels.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the team member, manager and/or HR generalist experience and internal work efficiencies associated with leave, workers compensation and ADA processes.
- Oversees and drives resolution to direct benefit billing issues related to leave of absence status.
- Works cross-functionally with other HR Operations Teams (such as Payroll and HRIS), Facilities, Security and Legal where leave of absence and ADA requests have impact.
- Handles escalations from team members, managers or HR by making a recommendation to the AVP or designee about how to disposition escalation.
- Monitors trends in the leave of absence and accommodations environment and must stay informed of the evolving regulatory environment.
- Develops, tracks and reports leave and accommodation case statistics on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Provides backup support to benefits finance and benefits administration responsibilities.
- Manage small projects from time-to-time as needed.
- Ability to partner with diverse internal and external stakeholders including third party administrators, legal, finance, procurement, payroll and HR teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and statutory regulations including FMLA, ADA, military leave, California family leave, etc…
- Ability to protect confidential information in accordance with HIPAA and Company policies
- Proven track record of effective collaboration in a team-based environment
- Intermediate level experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday or similar top-tier HRIS system (SAP, PeopleSoft or like)
- 7-10 years of benefits and leave administration experience
- 2-4 years of recent experience managing or supervising a benefits and/or leave administration team is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for management of various federal, statutory, company leave and workers compensation benefits. Responsible for managing leave of absence team. Responsible for third party vendor administration relationships with disability, leave and workers compensation vendors. Provides various dashboard reporting and provides backup to Benefits Finance and Administration roles.