Location: Irving, TX, United States
Req ID: 013238
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Senior IT QA Analyst assures quality of new and existing software solutions by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Communicates and coordinates results with impacted departments and tracks statistical information.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
• Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
• Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
• Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
• Coordinates and performs highly complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
• Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
• Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
• Plans, coordinates, and reports the test activities of others as assigned. Performs test reviews.
• Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to team.
• Helps preparing automation scripts to test application’s integration modules
• Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Excellent knowledge of functional testing
• Excellent knowledge of integration testing
• Excellent understanding of test design and testing methodologies
• Possess the ability to execute capacity and performance tests related to specific subsystems within a complex architecture
• Possess the ability to test systems which are comprised of multiple integrated applications but intended to perform a single set of complex functions
• Possess the ability to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple projects
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred
At least 5 years of experience in quality assurance or software testing
• Proficient background in manual and automation testing of .NET based applications
• Three years of experience testing SOAP, Rest API’s with tools such as SoapUI or Postman
• 3 years of test script automation experience using Selenium based and/or other open source framework
• 2 years of experience testing using BDD and TDD development techniques
• Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to write effective test plans and logical test cases that will exercise functional areas within complex financial services applications based on system and functional requirements
• Must be able to execute test cases with automated toolsets
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:013238
Job Category:Information Technology
Primary Location City:Irving
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75063
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Information Technology
Additional Posting Location(s):
SummaryJob Description With minimal supervision, assures quality of new and existing software solutions by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Communicates and coordinates results with impacted departments and tracks statistical information. At times, may be assigned to help coordinate test activities of others.