When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the development and implementation of security programs designed to ensure the physical protection of all Mr. Cooper Group team members (employees, contractors and vendors), visitors, and physical assets
- Proactively assist in identifying and developing security plans for potential business disruptions or security risks affecting a Mr. Cooper Group facility (i.e.…civil unrest, natural disasters, or other environmental issues)
- Manage subordinate security team members, performing activities such as hiring, assigning work, performance evaluations, and discipline
- Manage contract security supervisors and be the point of contact for contract security related issues;
- Provide oversight and support to the Mr. Cooper Group Security Operations Center to ensure protection of team members and assets while also ensuring efficiencies related to personnel and equipment
- Conduct investigations as assigned
- Partner with Human Resources to provide security support for adverse employee actions
- Respond to investor, client, and rating agency inquiries regarding Physical Security as necessary
- Identify and assess security related software/hardware required to support physical security standards
- Assist in the development, delivery, and implementation of security training programs
- Train subordinate security team members on company polices and procedures related to security
- Assist in the development and implementation of emergency response training for Mr. Cooper Group team members
- Conduct assessments at company locations to ensure compliance of all physical security policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and execution of executive protection activities as directed
- Write, review, and maintain security-related documents, such as incident reports, investigative findings and physical security proposals
- Liaise with local law enforcement and EMS departments to ensure consistency of service and familiarity with Mr. Cooper Group sites within their respective jurisdictions
- Maintain knowledge of changes to security best practices, legislative directives, and new technologies impacting security operations
Education / Experience Requirements
- 8 + years’ experience in managing a security component in a corporate or government environment with experience in managing daily activity of team members, contract security, security operations center best practices, conducting investigations, physical security hardware and software components, executive protection standards and training
- Strong understanding of industry best practices, guidelines, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, train and exercise staff for actual emergencies.
- Technical writing ability (policies, procedures, reference materials, etc.).
- Business writing ability (proposals, summaries, memos, etc. to audiences at various levels).
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in emergency situations.
- Ability to collaborate with many different disciplines and levels to achieve goals.
- Proficient with standard MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with use of an Emergency Notification System preferred.
- Law enforcement experience
- Completion of a recognized security certification (I.e. CPP, PSP, PCI)
- Familiarity with Archer eGRC
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
The Manager Physical Security reports to the AVP Physical Security and works to protect Mr. Cooper Group team members through identification and mitigation of threats. The position is responsible for ensuring that all sites are complying with the Mr. Cooper Group Physical Security policies, as well as utilizing best practices in the security field. The Manager will also ensure that all Mr. Cooper Group team members, contractors, vendors, and visitors are following those same policies. This position will facilitate coordination and response to any security event that occurs enterprise wide.