When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contact delinquent customers by telephone or in writing and determine solutions to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Respond to phone calls and written communication from customers, attorneys, realtors and agents of foreclosure prevention - related inquires.
- Responsible for determining the appropriate resolution for delinquent loans based on the client’s waterfall to include retention and collateral based workouts.
- Present workout recommendations to Management/Client Committee for approval/denial of requests.
- Negotiate final terms of retention or collateral based workout and ensure timely completion.
- Obtain updated property valuations, title reports and attorney recommendations regarding collateral based workouts.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reports detailing the portfolio performance including results of each workout and status of future workouts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Education & Professional Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of work experience. Associates degree preferred with two years customer service experience. Mortgage and/or Financial Services experience a plus. High school diploma or state approved equivalency required.
- Leadership/Hierarchy: Operates effectively under general supervision. Ability to train new or existing staff when necessary. Suggests and asks for others’ ideas to improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Level of Decision Making: Applies judgment to resolve issues and/or make recommendations. Utilizes sound judgment to identify the best solution to critical issues within a functional area. Utilizes technical skills to recommend solutions.
- Individual/Customer Impact: Decisions and actions have impact on success of project team, department and/or client. Scope of work occasionally impacts assigned business area, other business units and/or processes. Provides advice and assistance to help others accomplish their work. Proven ability to serve as a champion for our customers. Ability to handle escalated issues timely and appropriately. Thorough understanding of all government collection laws including Fair Debt Collections Act, ECOA, foreclosure and bankruptcy laws a plus.
- Communication: Demonstrates high-level verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver thorough communications to a team and/or peers. Skilled in presenting to small groups.
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer and software skills necessary for job function. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Job Description Summary: Responsible for arranging alternatives to foreclosure on specific mortgage loan accounts. These alternatives include custom modifications, short sale, deed-in-lieu, cash cures, charge off recommendations, etc.