When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all
WHO WE ARE
A subsidiary of Mr. Cooper founded in 2012, Xome was built on the belief that the process of buying/selling a home shouldn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. In working to bridge the offline and online worlds of real estate, we’ve opened new possibilities for home buyers/sellers and more business for real estate professionals.
Xome is comprised of industry leading real estate and technology companies, including Title365, and Xome Labs, united by the shared goal of forever transforming the real estate experience. Learn more at http://www.xome.com
The Principal SQL Server DBA is responsible for the management of Database Operations and Administration at Xome. The Principal SQL Server DBA will ensure the support, maintenance, and monitoring of all components of Xome’s Production and lower-environment Microsoft SQL Server Database infrastructure, including MS-SQL versions 2008, 2012, and 2014 (Availability Groups) keeping in mind business continuity and disaster recovery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s databases.
- Implement database backup & recovery, data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Design and Management of SQL Security and Disaster recovery systems
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Work closely with development, and infrastructure teams for the release management.
- Install, configure, test/benchmark, and maintain the general health of database servers and related infrastructure, monitor system logs for alerts, errors and warnings, and available/free space on the OS and storage volumes, and analyze space usage history and recommend changes as needed.
- Create/update documentation for new/existing maintenance and installation processes.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 8 years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment is required.
- 24 x 7 Support, Monitoring, Maintenance and Administration of PROD, QA and DEV SQL environments including installation, configuration, patching and upgrades.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Table Partitioning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with SQL Server high availability, Replication, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, Availability Groups and Disaster Recovery architectures.
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Ensure system availability, data integrity, database backup and restoration procedures, monitoring server performance, disk space, and network connectivity.
- Work closely with development team to design and modify database objects (tables, schemas, indexes, triggers, stored procedures and views).
- Participate in the development of standards, best practices, processes and procedures, and automation of tasks to improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Create, manage, and support SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages between database systems.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching, how statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused individual.
- Strong communication and written skills.
Xome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Lake Vista 1 - Lewisville TX
Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.