When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
WHO WE ARE
A subsidiary of Mr. Cooper founded in 2012, Xome was built on the belief that the process of buying/selling a home shouldn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. In working to bridge the offline and online worlds of real estate, we’ve opened new possibilities for home buyers/sellers and more business for real estate professionals.
Xome is comprised of industry leading real estate and technology companies, including Title365, and Xome Labs, united by the shared goal of forever transforming the real estate experience. Learn more at http://www.xome.com
The Principal SQL Server DBA is responsible for the management of Database Operations and Administration at Xome. The Principal SQL Server DBA will ensure the support, maintenance, and monitoring of all components of Xome’s Production and lower-environment Microsoft SQL Server Database infrastructure, including MS-SQL versions 2008, 2012, and 2014 (Availability Groups) keeping in mind business continuity and disaster recovery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s databases.
- Implement database backup & recovery, data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Design and Management of SQL Security and Disaster recovery systems
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Work closely with development, and infrastructure teams for the release management.
- Install, configure, test/benchmark, and maintain the general health of database servers and related infrastructure, monitor system logs for alerts, errors and warnings, and available/free space on the OS and storage volumes, and analyze space usage history and recommend changes as needed.
- Create/update documentation for new/existing maintenance and installation processes.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have experience in Performance Auditing, Optimizing / Tuning, Monitoring, Troubleshooting all platforms (on-prem and cloud).
- In depth knowledge of SQL Server internals to be able to explain and work with application teams
- Experience with replication.
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with server, storage and network infrastructure teams, in the implementation of database-server migrations/upgrades
- Proactively identify and rectify security issues, and ensures SOX/GDPR compliance in database environment
- Database encryption, column, row level encryption implementation experience
- Experience with SQL Server CLR Integration.
- Understanding of the .NET Framework Library.
- Proficiency in C# and development tools.
- Writing reusable libraries.
- Data access using ADO.NET.
- On call rotation for DBA prod support
Nice to Have
- Experience implementing AlwaysOn high availability.
- Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience in Azure Databases, Managed instances management and cost optimizations
- Experience in Linux\Ubuntu PostgreSQL administration
- End-to-End automation/deployment process
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns and multithreading.
- Code Version Control Tools such as GIT.
- JSON serialization and deserialization.
- Knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces, REST and SOAP.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Xome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Lake Vista 1 - Lewisville TX
Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.