When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes loans from set-up to closing by verifying, compiling and entering borrower information in to loan processing systems, all with the highest possible level of efficiency and accuracy. Will Maintain ½ a processing pipeline.
- Key point of contact for Teams escalations and front line questions from the staff.
- Verifies and analyzes loan documentation including income, credit, appraisal, and title, while maintaining strict compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Interacts with Mortgage Professionals to obtain information from the borrower or to seek clarification about documents in the file. Contacts borrowers to obtain missing or incomplete information, as required.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in files.
- Records data to track the status of loans in processing and clears conditions according to a pre-approved list of conditions that may be cleared by processors.
- Submits loan application files to underwriting for approval & Submits approved mortgage loan files to closing for settlement.
- Coordinates with Processing Manager to ensure team goals and objectives are met. Assists Processing Manager with new employees, work with other stakeholders in the process and act as a Subject Matter Expert within the process.
- Provides clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time. Provides training and assistance to Processors to help them improve their performance.
- Cares for non-public information (NPI) regarding borrowers and ensures all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures are followed and confidentiality of borrower information is maintained.
- Leads other processors in day-to-day activities by coordinating work and assisting team in completion of various tasks including faxing, photocopying, filing and phone support.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a related discipline or equivalent combination of job experience & education.
- 3 to 5 years previous mortgage loan processing experience.
- Excellent computer skills required, including proficiency with various loan processing systems and word processing software.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards and ensuring completeness of submission. Will contact borrower and / or mortgage broker to collect necessary documentation and act as a liaison between origination staff, underwriters, and customers to effectively close loans.