When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Responsible for analyzing moderately complex files (financial and credit information) according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations.
- Underwrites a variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions.
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
- Achieve all assigned Performance Standards to include loan quality, productivity, turn times and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for providing clear and accurate communication to fulfillment team members, management, sales and customers (as needed) regarding file documentation and required conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of this position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5+ years’ experience in mortgage underwriting
- Well rounded background in various products including government loans (VA/FHA), Conventional, Jumbo, and more
- Ability to underwrite loans at a national level and in all markets.
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation a plus - not required
- VA – Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation(s) preferred not required
- Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) or comparable automated underwriting system required.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of Mortgage Originations systems.
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income
- Excellent computer skills required including proficiency with originations systems and Microsoft Office products. Encompass experience is a plus.
- Ability to pass a background check, credit check and drug screening.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of overtime and weekend rotations.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Home - Texas
Employees matched to this sub unit underwrite loans originated through multiple origination channels and / or product types.