When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Underwriter III is responsible for evaluation, review and approval/denial of loan applications based on investor guidelines. Determines stipulations of loans and communicates directly with required parties to resolve stipulations. Assist other team members with files which exceed approval guidelines and exceptions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Underwriter III is responsible for analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations
- Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
- May review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
- Responsible for providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
- Provide training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
- Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Direct Underwriters I or Underwriters II to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the operation.
- May lead the work of others in the absence of the Underwriting Manager, ensuring staff has tools and support necessary to efficiently decision loans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position.
- Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets.
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation required.
- VA – Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation(s) preferred.
- Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) or comparable automated underwriting system required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Experience with word processing beneficial.
- Prefer experience with TMO.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting or lending experience with 1 or more years of lead or supervisory experience in underwriting.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Employees matched to this sub unit underwrite loans originated through multiple origination channels and / or product types.