When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Responsible for the effective oversight of loss mitigation and high risk default processes in an ongoing effort to minimize loss to investors/trusts.
Scope/Responsibilities: Experienced Profession in career path; work assignments vary and require independent judgment and creativity to complete. Individual uses advanced reasoning skills to analyze, monitor, and manage the various projects and duties requested of the department. Utilize broad base knowledge in multiple functional areas to solve problems and improve processes. Ability to deal with complaints and conflict resolution in a professional and decisive manner.
Ability to generate exception reports and work to solve inconsistencies in data, processes, job aids and procedures. Proven track record of working/managing multiple processes; ability to operate under strict deadlines and within short timeframes. Seeks out and addresses barriers and obstacles impeding departmental and company goals. Trusted to independently manage time, priorities and resources to achieve goals. Responsible for highest level of quality, timeliness, and quantity of work completed; has reputation for consistently producing the highest-quality work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determine the best course of action to assist the customer in resolving a default. Communicating options with the customer within the confines of investor and departmental guidelines. Ability to identify and facilitate in the resolution of customer needs especially important if an issue is cross departmental.
- Strong customer service acumen. Ability to quickly determine customer needs and fully research and resolve timely.
- Act as and/or support other team members as the department liaison for any questions or contractual obligations as it relates but not limited to repayment plans, short sales, deed in lieu matters.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, updating and escalating as necessary to avoid financial/reputation risks.
- May perform other related duties or ad hoc projects within the scope of responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Education & Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Mortgage and/or Financial Services experience a plus.
- Leadership/Hierarchy: Operates effectively under minimal supervision. Effectively builds strong relationships across multiple business areas. Participates in and supports strategic initiatives; ability to train new or existing staff when necessary. Capable of supporting strategic initiatives. Provides training and quality control support to team members. Always takes the initiative to add value to work and the organization; takes action above and beyond the basic requirements of the job. Forges a new direction; owns the change process and consistently challenges the status quo with great ideas. Creates an environment that encourages innovation & reasonable risk-taking.
- Level of Decision Making: Demonstrates the ability to direct the work of others. Understands the business and uses information to make cost-effective decisions; capable of making independent decisions using available information. Shows insight into the root-causes of problems and generates a range of solutions and courses of action; may lead projects potentially involving other departments. Highly collaborative and requires minimal coaching from his/her leader to get the job done.
- Individual/Customer Impact: Decisions and actions drive success of project team, department, business line and/or client. Scope of work frequently impacts and influences other business units and processes. Builds customer-centric solutions that go beyond customer expectations. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and commitment to achieving results. Demonstrate exceptional customer service and support skills with "can do" attitude. Goes to extraordinary lengths to deliver on customer experience.
- Communication: Possesses confident, articulate, and professional speaking ability. Known to craft concise, structured written correspondence that effectively incorporates a clear objective. Driven to offer helpful suggestions to complex problems. Excellent presentation skills. Dedicates time to recognize others’ contributions.
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate advanced proficiency in all Microsoft applications and software necessary for job function. Capable of problem-solving using technical software or applications. Strong emphasis on data analytics.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
The High-Risk SPOC - Reverse Associate is responsible for creating retention solutions such as re-payment plans, full cures, partial cures or servicer cures. Where retention is not viable, explains the Short Sale and Deed-In-Lieu process and collects the requisite documentation to start the appropriate process. Also, validates occupancy status verbally and collects in writing, in compliance with HUD and reverse mortgage requirements.