When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for a pipeline of Centralized Modification, Collateral and/or Customer Facing first line of defense tests ensuring all instances of failure are reviewed in detail and evidence provided if disagreeing with test findings
- Research at a loan level or process level any assigned second line of defense or external audit findings as it relates to operations. External audits could include but are not limited to investors, state/multi-state or any government regulated entity such as CFPB
- Assist with the update or creation of tests as it relates to scope, data points, compliance content and controls
- Coordinate with appropriate business owners to conduct any needed research to assist with audit response, remediation and/or control updates. Format and facilitate reviewing for management approval
- Participate in on-site audits and coordinate with the appropriate business owners to complete document requests. Participate in speaking to an audience as a subject matter expert.
- Manage multiple control reports ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and any gaps that were identified and closed by internal or external audit
- Review and update policies, procedures and process flows as needed for audit purposes ensuring approvals are obtained for timely publishing
- Expected to seek out preventive controls to minimize potential of future risk
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Education & Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically does not require previous professional level work experience. High school diploma or state accepted equivalency required. Mortgage and/or Financial services experience a plus.
- Leadership/Hierarchy: Operates under close supervision. Builds strong relationships with team and manager. Generates new ideas to problems and solutions. Open to feedback and suggestions of others.
- Level of Decision Making: Work is routine in nature with very little authority for decision making. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to perform required work assignments.
Individual/Customer Impact: Decisions and actions have impact on success of team, department, business line and/or client. Scope of work impacts team and business unit. Routine customer interaction that requires strong ability to build and manage relationships. Meets the requirements and expectations of the customer; acts with the customer in mind.
- Communication: Possesses clear and professional verbal and written communication skills when used both internally and externally. Effectively presents accurate information to varying audiences.
- Technical Proficiency: Proficiency with MS Office with particular emphasis on MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Exposure to mortgage-specific software. Accurate reporting with introduction to data analytics.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for reviewing compliance testing conducted by first line of defense, second line of defense and external auditors; providing evidence when test findings are rebutted; working with the operational lines of business to ensure all controls are compliant, tests and P&P’s are updated as changes occur within the business or regulatory requirements.