When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The AVP, Information Security will manage and lead the security team on IT security control design and operation efficacy to meet SOX and SOC1 objectives.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Manage and lead team focused on IT and security control design and operational efficacy
- Manage and collaborate with direct reports on various IT and security control initiatives and projects.
- Lead the creation and operation of IT risk and control program processes, procedures, and workflows
- Partner with other departments on project initiatives related to automation of IT controls
- Plan, document, track execution of, and communicate status of all ITGC and IT application controls related to SOX and SOC compliance
- Partner with IT control and request owners in the interpretation, monitoring, and reporting of controls
- Coordinate and track audit requests for evidence received from internal and external auditors
- Document deficiencies and provide remediation plan and management response
- Conduct industry research on emerging trends in risk and controls
- Schedule, prepare, and conduct training sessions with key stakeholders
- Participate in audit observation meetings for understanding of SOX applications
- Prepare reports for governance and oversight committees
- Communicate project status to members of the team in an efficient manner
- Liaison with other departments to champion governance, risk, and compliance principles best practice
- Track that controls are performed in accordance to control performance schedule
- Accomplish objectives by managing staff, planning, and evaluating activities
- Evaluate employees to determine if they are fulfilling their responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 7-10 years’ experience.
- Management experience of 5-10 years’ experience.
- Ability to positively contribute and look for opportunities to improve upon existing process or procedures
- Possess a high standard of ethics and operate with integrity and professionalism
- Ability to drive results with minimal oversight
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize
- Good written and oral communication and influencing skills
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance solutions is a plus
- Understanding of general IT controls and the ability to analyze data and interpret results
- Must possess strong personnel management skills, analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CISA, CRVPM or equivalent is a plus
- Familiarity with industry frameworks and standards, such as NIST CSF, COBIT5/2019, SOX, COSO, ITIL, FFIEC, FAIR, SSAE18
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
This position will manage and lead team on IT security control design and operation efficacy to meet SOX and SOC1 objectives.