When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
- Monitor Mortgage Market risk – interest rate and its impact to Mortgage Origination and Servicing
- Provides oversight over the OMSR and MSR valuations by testing and corroborating quarterly assumptions specific to Agency and Non-Agency MSR portfolios as well as the Pipeline origination
- Monitoring ongoing Origination Pipeline and Hedging activities/performance
- Participate and running the Pipeline Governance subcommittee meetings
- Constructs and maintains various excel models for daily reporting tasks; works with trading desk/IT personnel to enable and ensure timely and accurate output deliveries
- Partners with Portfolio Investment group by providing analytical viewpoint to MSR components such as prepayment curve, credit/default curve, and risk segmentation
- Performs quarterly MSR portfolio valuation independently and assists in MSR portfolio analysis including researching, validating, and maintaining key model and market based assumptions for both agency and private portfolios.
- Partners with Quantitative Analytics to improve valuation assumption validation and model setup, and ensures model inputs are aligned with external market and economic environment
- Partners with colleagues from Compliance/Risk Management groups on establishing meaningful key risk indicators
- Communicates clearly with senior management and model users when new risk mitigation measures are introduced; explains the model rationale in detail to improve user’s understanding
- Summarizes monthly/quarterly market overview from risk perspective and presents to management
- Perform adhoc analysis on origination/servicing segments
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in mortgage or fixed income related, Capital Markets, Finance, Mathematics or other data analytics discipline
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university is required;
- Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- CFA/Master degree or progress toward preferred.
- Relevant experience in prepayment modeling or credit analytics.
- Relevant experience with MSRs, whole loans, derivatives or other fixed income products and familiar with cash flow component analysis
- Experience with valuation models (i.e. MIAC, Compass) is highly preferred
- Expert proficiency with Excel (data manipulation, data analysis package, solver) is required and some knowledge of database applications. SQL experience a plus
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and strong written/verbal communications skills
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
The AVP of Market Risk will be responsible for providing expertise and analytical viewpoint over the Mortgage Origination Pipeline activity and Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) valuations as well as components such as lock/pipeline performance, hedging , prepayments, credit/default curves, pull-though model and risk segmentation. Reporting to the VP of Market Risk, the AVP of Market Risk will be working with the Portfolio Investment and Secondary Marketing groups on model testing/implementation, performing independent performance evaluations of assets/hedge instruments, as well as with the Compliance/Risk Management group on establishing meaningful key risk indicators.