Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Req ID: 015260
We are Xome, a real estate services company headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area. As a subsidiary of Mr. Cooper Group, we employ over 1,200 team members nationwide. The nation’s largest financial services companies look to us for integrated and scalable business solutions that help simplify the mortgage and real estate process.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Now, you might be wondering; how exactly do you pronounce Xome? Simple. ZOM (like home, if it started with a z)!
Mr. Cooper seeks a Cyber Security Engineer with a range of security skillsets, detail-oriented, and initiative driven for a division of the Mr. Cooper organization. The candidate will support a wide range of security operations projects and consults on aspects of security across the division. Candidate evaluates the risks associated with both emerging and existing technologies as related to security objectives. The successful candidate will have a mix of good technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security concepts and processes. Technical and consultative skills required. The ability to quickly consider all available technologies and processes to determine the best course of action is key to the role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Review current technology implementations to identify possible enhancements
· Engineer solutions for endpoint security technologies
· Implement Data Loss Prevention technologies and processes
· Engineer solutions for network security technologies
· Engineer solutions for SEIM technologies
· Engineer solutions for Web Gateway technologies
· Support for implementation of Security technologies in cloud environments
· Enhance the security posture of the Mr. Cooper environment
· Maintain up-to-date status of security technologies
· Evaluation of engineering processes for potential improvements
· Evaluating the impact of current security trends, advisories, publications to ensure technologies are configured appropriately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to identify underlying issues from numerous sources
· Displays strong engineering skills to determine the best solution for the technology being implemented/integrated in the environment.
· Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
· Ability to communicate and exchange information effectively
· Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
· Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
· Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
· The ability to work autonomously, or within the larger cyber security engineer team depending on assignment/requirements.
· Candidate must have 3 – 5 years of relevant technology and infrastructure experience
· Experience with Windows domain, workstation platform, registry, protocols, etc. to include emerging platforms with mobility (IOS, Android)
· Working knowledge of and experience in Linux systems and security configurations
· Experience with engineering computer builds/security policies
· Working knowledge of IT security products and technologies (IDS/IPS, Malware Protection, URL filtering, & ACL configuration)
· Providing security guidance of technical engineering for endpoint environments, settings, policies, and design configurations
· Able to communicate complex issues to other engineers and work with other engineers and/or vendor to debug and/or change configuration to solve systemic configuration problems
· Self-motivated; must take ownership of issues
· Flexible; be able to adapt to changes in the work environment
· Well-rounded technology experience in a distributed computing environment
· Strong organizational, and time management skills
· Project planning experience
· CISSP, ISSEP, CEH, OSCP, or other industry recognized security certification(s)
· 7+ years related experience in a technical security engineering role
Xome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:015260
Job Category:Information Technology
Primary Location City:Dallas
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75019
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Information Technology
Additional Posting Location(s):
SummaryResponsible for identifying potential information and network or internet security vulnerabilities. Develops and implements solutions to mitigate risks and enhance system security. Ensures site security and provides consultation on security issues staying abreast of current malware and other potential internet security threats. Conducts analysis, investigates and recommends security technologies including managed security services, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, VPN and solutions for incorporation into product/services. Analyzes and resolves data, application, computer, network and internet security problems and breaches. Performs security investigation and computer forensic analysis to identify potential pathway of breach or threat penetration and assists in the development of secure architecture and designs and provides training on security solutions.