When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Unemployment Claim Administration. Responsible for owning the Unemployment claim processes for the U.S. Managing, reviewing and working directly with TWC and/or Equifax for Unemployment claim inquiries, the HRC Specialist will be responsible for responding to claims in an attempt to win claims and reduce UI costs. The HRC Specialist will direct decisions and hearing notices to appropriate HRBP for appeal decisions and produce all applicable supporting documents for hearings. The HRC Specialist will also be responsible for UI reporting to keep the AVP of HRC apprised of win rates and cost reductions.
- Record Retention Administrator. Responsible for managing retention and retrieval of HR personnel files and documents, including adherence to legal subpoenas and assisting in collection of HR files/documents for legal cases, HR investigations and compliance; Manage Iron Mountain/VRC storage and retrieval process for purged HR records and coordinate/facilitate training with HRBP’s on record retention process guidelines.
- Background Attestation compliance training reset requests. Responsible for resolving all requests for background attestation resets; Communicate with requestor directly to determine the cause of failure; Reset attestation if requestor answers all questions in compliance with Mr. Cooper policy guidelines; Partner with AVP HR Compliance for compliance reporting, escalations and managing failure notices.
- Manage the background escalations escalated to HR Compliance by reviewing them against policies/procedures/guidelines and ensuring consistency in decision-making. When necessary, escalating background issues to Risk, Legal/Compliance and/or the AVP of HR Compliance. The Sr. HRC Specialist will be required to investigate irregular issues in order to make determinations on backgrounds that may affect an individual’s employment eligibility.
- Manage the quarterly background check processes in coordination with Licensing and Exam Management to ensure all Team Member’s requiring licensing/registration have the appropriately completed backgrounds on file prior to state submissions. In addition to running the background checks, the Sr. HR Compliance Specialist will make determinations of eligibility by reviewing background hits against policies/procedures/guidelines and manage the process within the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Manage the annual background check process for all areas where annual re-checks are required, ensuring the proper re-checks are conducted and all appropriate reviews and decision-making for continued eligibility are completed.
- Manage the reverification process for I9’s
- Annually review policies and procedures and document changes in Archer as needed to ensure they are proper compliance within the HR Organizations.
- Assist the AVP of HR Compliance in responding to requests from Exam Management for Servicer reviews, Investor reviews, Rating Agency reviews and/or regulatory exams. This may require research, obtaining and redacting evidence out of the appropriate systems, providing copies of policies or procedures, provide Workday reports, etc.
- Assist AVP HR Compliance with special projects as needed to support the areas within HR Operations (e.g., Payroll, IC, Benefits, etc).
- Business Continuity Plan Management: Responsible for updating BCP within the plan database as needed to fulfil regulatory requirements. Manage and facilitate alternate worksite testing for critical HR team resources. Communicate to team disaster recovery plan. Work closely with BCP management team to understand requirements and procedures by attending meetings and training sessions.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Ability to meet deadlines, plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize assignments.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze business and technical processes and determine ways of making them more efficient.
- Knowledge of the overall HR business process delivery model.
- Ability to correctly complete I9’s, including reverifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to convey compliance information to others both verbally and in writing.
- Solid ability to research laws and make recommendations and determinations based on existing policies and procedures.
- Ability to build rapport, establish and maintain positive and professional business relationships, influence and partner with HRBP’s, Legal department, vendors, and team members throughout the organization.
- Degree in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
Special certifications, licenses, and/or knowledge requirements for this job:
- Certifications in HR business processes are highly desired.
- Workday knowledge preferred.
- Solid Excel skills with the ability to perform Pivots and V-lookups.
- Ability to thoroughly understand Unemployment guidelines.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and compliance guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of company policies, procedures and regulations.
How many years of directly related job experience are required to be qualified to enter the job?
- Minimum of 5 years generalized HR Administration and/or HR Business process management experience
- Prefer experience with legal and/or compliance issues and will consider it in lieu of some HR experience.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for the development, adherence, and management of various processes within HR Compliance. Works closely with internal Benefits, Compliance & Risk Department, Payroll, HR Business Partners, Legal, and outside vendors in accordance with company, legal and contractual specific guidelines.