When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The UX Researcher has the opportunity to help our team understand whether current and proposed solutions meet customer needs, the likelihood of delivering on various business and brand goals, and generally assess if our digital products are as efficient and simple as possible for our customers. As an increasingly important contributor in our customer-centered design process, we rely on your understanding of real customers—their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, motivations, and context.
Each day brings...
- Working in empathy research to help illuminate the customer perspective, and in the process identify new opportunities or risks to help improve our products.
- Collaboration with product teams beginning early in the process, through initial design, prototyping and testing, and finally to implementation ensuring the customers' view remains the focus and that we have a good understanding of receptivity, potential concerns, and input regarding post-release iteration priorities.
- Various forms of primary and secondary research to understand customer attitudes, behaviors, and experiences—mining insight that we can use to envision smarter and more valuable products for homeowners and the business.
- Working closely with designers, writers, product managers and their teams to understand product value and distill relevant insights.
- Playing a key role in translating industry experts’ insights and customer needs into great design that addresses requirements and creates elegant solutions.
- Approaching design in a manner that finds the harmony between customer needs and desires, business goals and objectives, and technical capabilities.
Core Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Envision, generate & share primary & secondary customer research initiatives.
- Proactively engage design & product stakeholders to identify potential test & research projects, developing & managing a testing roadmap across product group. This includes working throughout test lifecycle to enroll stakeholders across the entire process
- Create sound testing methodologies, plans, & scripts, ensuring that tests are focused & clear, & designed to produce reasonably accurate results for the identified purpose.
- Recommend & select appropriate test panels & screeners, to provide greatest benefit with extreme efficiency.
- Field & manage tests, ensuring that test approach is sound & course correcting when issues are identified. Tests may vary from templated, to custom and man or may not involve moderation.
- Compile, analyze & share results with appropriate shareholders in a timely, compelling & easy to understand way, fully evaluating responses for accuracy, relevance & meaning. Create mechanisms to share learnings with broader design & product group, ensuring that project learnings ladder up to a more valuable continuous learning approach.
- Build catalog of results & insights that can be leveraged to give our team superpowers. This includes research projects outside the primary testing responsibilities.
- Evangelize research & insights and enroll people across the organization to amplify power of customer voice in Mr. Cooper’s success.
Desired Knowledge Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Research/insights: 3-5 years of customer research & insights experience, including analysis & interpretation of customer feedback, data, & observational studies. Experience facilitating customer interviews desired.
- Product: Understanding of common Agile/Scrum product processes & product lifecycle management related to software & connected experiences.
- Communication/Verbal: Strong communication skills, including the ability to converse with & engage a diverse group of people, as well as creating follow up lines of inquiry during conversations.
- Communication/Written: Highly skilled writer, including the ability to craft precise and easy to follow instructions for customers, summarize key findings, and produce detailed reports accurately & efficiently.
- Work Style: The ability to work autonomously, as well as leading small groups to achieve objectives for research & insights. This may also include proactively reaching out across the organization to identify resources, support, & expanded audiences for work.
- Tools & Platforms: Familiarity with various prototyping tools such as Invision and Flinto (among others) helpful. And previous experience with the UserTesting.com or other similar platforms desired.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, balancing scientific rigor with the need to share information in a timely fashion.
- Human Interaction: Strong understanding human interaction principles, as well as trends, techniques, and technologies supporting connected experiences.
- Education: BFA/BS/MS in Design, Human Centered Design, Interaction Design, or related field of study. Combination of work experience & study will be considered.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Marketing & Communications
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for helping reveal and unlock opportunity through a deeper understanding of our customers—their needs, experiences and other data points—and the efficient diffusion of knowledge within and beyond the product group. Your initial focus will be on creating, conducting, analyzing, and sharing design validation and usability testing for our web, mobile and enterprise products.
You will work with the design team in our digital products group. A big part of our mission is helping people realize their homeownership dream—whatever that dream may be. Day-to-day, we build experiences that help our customers manage their mortgages, explore loan and financial options, and make better decisions. And you will own part of the solution—working across the group to be the product team’s preferred source of customer insight.
If you’re curious, thoughtful, have excellent communication skills, and can balance the needs for creative inquiry with sharp analysis, Mr. Cooper Design may be the place for you.