When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Mr. Cooper is looking for a Vice President, Digital Marketing to join our Marketing Originations (Direct to Consumer) Team. The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to Mr. Cooper’s core values: Challengers of Convention, Champions for our Customers, and Cheerleaders for our Team.
This candidate will be a direct response expert, data intense, and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift daily. Must be a “doer” with a strong work ethic and commitment to driving revenue, while coaching his/her team to higher performance.
The Vice President, Digital Marketing is accountable for the strategic leadership and growth of Mr. Cooper’s Mortgage Originations digital ecosystem to drive mortgage origination and third party product leads. The Vice President leads digital channel strategy, SEO/SEM, digital display, paid Social, website/landing page optimization, and digital analytics. The VP serves on teams spanning content strategy, web and mobile app(s), social, database CRM, and overall data/analytics. S/he partners with other channels owners, website teams, brand marketing and functional partners. S/he directs outside agencies/vendors to plan and execute digital strategies, but has a strong orientation to in-house efforts and growing a team of digital SMEs. S/he has demonstrated experience driving digital campaigns with paid media budgets with daily/weekly optimization.
This role requires a strategic thought leader who still has the desire to roll-up their sleeves and “do the work”. S/he understands trends in digital to deliver new capabilities to drive business and brand impact. This person has a proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key decision makers in a complex highly cross-functional / cross product environment. S/he will be expected to manage, inspire, and grow a high-performance team and digital budget.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities include proven experience leading a team that manages various digital marketing capabilities including, but not limited to:
Drive Lead Generation via Paid Digital Media (SEM, Display, Online Video, Other)
- Must have experience leading multi-million-dollar annual paid media budget, including daily/weekly tracking and optimization for revenue/leads, ROAS, ranking improvements, etc.
- Understanding strategic and technical fundamentals of SEO and SEM marketing strategy. Work with Product and Brand Team to develop content and tagging to improve SEO traffic and impact.
- Experience with A/B testing across creative, offers, days of week, dayparts, etc.
- Experience with programmatic digital media buying (from an in-house standpoint) is strongly preferred
- Experience in working with machine learning platforms, marketing automation platforms, CDPs, and marketing orchestration platforms is strongly preferred, such as but not limited to: Unica, Adobe Experience Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.
- Establishing standards, KPIs and benchmarks for measuring and valuing the impact to varying digital experiences across Paid, Owned and Earned.
- Must have strong experience using Google Analytics, company sales data, and consumer research to understand digital consumer behavior and identify opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Improve/develop scorecards to track leads on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Establish business requirements for all tagging and testing and work with teams responsible for implementation.
- Must have strong experience with Marketing Mix Modeling, Attribution and other ROI modeling. Experience with Power BI or other visualization tools is preferred.
- Work with other channel leads to understand the impact and optimization of dozens of monthly campaigns across digital, email, direct mail, telephone, etc.
Partner with Website/App Marketing and Development Teams
- Provide leadership and high level strategic direction to digital marketing team to:
- Identify and approve campaign landing pages for all digital and email campaigns
- Determine and help create website content and tagging to improve SEO. Participate in biweekly prioritization meetings for site builds. Recommend innovation to improve leads and conversion.
- Ensure that website is tagged appropriately to measure all campaigns.
- Collaborate on Mr. Cooper app to determine messaging opportunities and creative for mortgage originations and third party products.
- Ongoing optimization via A/B testing and site evaluation to anticipate the evolving needs of our users.
Overall Digital Marketing
- Create/update channel roster for all Originations digital content distribution opportunities – paid, owned, earned.
- Create formal distribution plans for all content projects including creative, products/offers, goals and KPIs. Partnering with brand leaders and other internal departments (e.g., Brand, Organic Social, Sales, Third Party Products) to maximize content reach to the right consumer in the right place at the right time.
- Develop monthly digital budget and secure SVP and GM approval. Recap performance to justify increases.
- Working with stakeholders, market leads and agencies to produce fully integrated, media campaigns across traditional, digital, search and social channels.
- Launch new DSP for in-house digital buying
- Oversee vendor relationships. Create, evaluate and negotiate RFPs and agency contracts/SOWs.
- Maximize ROI via active tracking, feedback and pushback.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- Excellent SEO/SEM experience. Google Ads/Adwords Certification strongly preferred.
- Proven history in display and video campaigns to drive leads. Programmatic experience required. Experience with in-house DSP is strongly preferred.
- Strong Google Analytics experience, including report development, tagging best practices, analysis. GA Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience and examples of developing and optimizing creative, including dynamic content.
- Assess new digital marketing technologies, analyze business opportunities and execute against them.
- Must be proficient at analyzing business, familiar with MMM/Attribution, and comfortable with visualization tools such as Power BI.
- Familiarity with CDPs or Marketing Automation Hubs is strongly preferred.
- Understand best practice as it relates to all digital marketing channels and measurement.
- Influence and guide others in the development of rapidly evolving online strategies to support authentic communication and effective campaigns.
- Have a deep understanding of digital technologies and the intersection of social, mobile, tablets and commerce. Mobile-first mentality.
- Be effective with allocation of resources (people and budget) to deliver projects in a timely manner that are integrated with important business targets and deadlines.
- Strong oral/written communication, with proven abilities in strategy, writing, proofreading and editing.
- Conceptual, analytical and creative thinker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Leadership Skills Required
- Be a genuine ambassador, who exemplifies the Mr. Cooper culture in all interactions.
- Highly self-motivated, accountable, and flexible with an ability to drive timelines and manage competing agendas in an environment where process isn’t always defined.
- Innate leadership, influence management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Direct responsibility for engaging, inspiring and managing a team to drive toward high performance.
- Effectively lead and influence through consumer insights, analytics and best practices.
- Strong team leader, mentor and collaborative partner.
- Savvy, in-the-know leader on digital trends, technical requirements, digital innovation, and best practices.
- BA/BS with an emphasis in Business or Marketing preferred; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in digital and content marketing, delivering consumer-focused experiences online.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in driving sales leads and/or ecommerce revenue.
- Proven track record of deploying successful strategies and tactics that yielded significant traffic/revenue.
- Less than 10% travel for vendor visits, conferences, sales offices, and skills development.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Marketing & Communications
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
The Vice President, Digital Marketing is accountable for the strategic leadership and growth of Mr. Cooper’s Mortgage Originations digital ecosystem to drive mortgage origination and third party product leads. The Vice President leads digital channel strategy, SEO/SEM, digital display, paid Social, and digital analytics. The VP serves on teams spanning Content Strategy, Web and Mobile App(s), Social, Database CRM, and Overall Data/Analytics. S/he partners with other channels owners, website teams, brand marketing and functional partners. S/he directs outside agencies/contractors to plan and execute digital strategy and presence. S/he has demonstrated experience driving digital campaigns with paid media budgets with daily/weekly optimization.