Location: Irving, TX, United States
Req ID: 014679
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Essential Job Functions
●Directs the project throughout the life cycle, defining project objectives, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are met.
● Drives the initial review to identify and gathers documents for business and functional requirements. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business operations and understands the technical scope and objectives of the project.
● Provides leadership in analyzing functional requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing and/or improve systems.
● Defines detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify systems. Examples of artifacts from analysts are Business Requirement Documents, Current and proposed flow diagrams. ● Coordinates with Business Partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
● Follows Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures. Develops, analyzes and manages project schedules and appropriate project management documentation.
● Serves as a subject matter expert for Business Partners throughout the project development lifecycle to ensure their needs are addressed.
● Provides leadership throughout the project development process to ensure that it meets stated requirements.
● Manages change control processes, and ensures program/project communications. Negotiates project plans, time frames, and trade-off with Business Partners, and apprises management of impact to project.
● Executes/Validates Test cases for projects on a pre and post production basis to ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
● Coordinates testing of enhancements and develops and provides educational tools and materials.
● Plans, allocates and schedules resources as required. Assists in development of training for project team members. Mentors BA’s. Fosters strong team environment.
● Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
● Senior level knowledge in Core Competencies: Project Management, Business Analysis, Information Technology/Software Development, Mortgage (Originations, Servicing, Finance), Basic Technical Writing, Process Flow Documentation, Strong Communication Skills
● 10+ years of professional experience in Project Management or a closely related field.
● Previous business analyst experience
● Previous experience in Mortgage Banking and/or associated lines of business is highly preferred.
● Project Management certification preferred Highly experienced in no less than three of the Core Competencies and demonstrated use of best practices in each and can direct and mentor others in their application.
● Highly skilled in managing all aspects of all sizes and complexities of multiple projects simultaneously across the software development life cycle phases (SDLC).
● Highly skilled in requirements gathering and can direct other BA’s in this activity.
● Expert knowledge of NSM internal company systems and/or extensive mortgage experience. Demonstrated superior competence in soft skills associated with core competencies such as documentation, communication, leadership, facilitation, team management & customer relationships
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:014679
Job Category:Project Management
Primary Location City:Irving
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75063
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Origination
Additional Posting Location(s):
SummaryInitiates, plans and executes projects while controlling the project lifecycle process to ensure timely delivery of quality solutions. Collaborates with Business Partners and Project teams to analyze, design, implement and/or support business application/systems. Develops detailed functional systems and program specifications using structured design methodologies. Supports customers to resolve issues with systems or business process/procedures. Provides support for key business initiatives by integrating processes, systems and information to fulfill business objectives.