When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Investor Services Department is responsible for the assigned monthly reconciling for investors which could include FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, Private Securities or Special Servicing. This includes functions related to loan acquisitions, services releases, corporate and P&I Advance analysis, as well as timely and accurate completion of assigned special projects. The Investor Services Specialist, Senior is responsible for performing complex reconciliations and reporting to Trustees/Master Servicers, in accordance with the terms of the servicing contracts, and may also be asked to peer review work from time to time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Continuously reviews processes and procedures and recommends new ones to management and other departments within the company to improve the productivity and quality.
- Strictly adheres to the Agency and Private Investor Servicing Agreements, Regulation AB, USAP and other guidelines for timely and accurate reconciling.
- Performs reconciliations of the most complex accounts for Agency, Private Securities, or Clearing Accounts, including Test of Expected P&I and T & I.
- Reconciling accounts within 30 calendar days.
- Clears reconciling items within 90 days from the point of identification or earlier based on investor guidelines, either through internal wires, escalations or investor adjustments
- Prepares wires and GL entries as needed to clear aged items timely and accurately.
- Reporting and Accounting Analysts will conduct root cause analysis of issues on the most complex scheduled/scheduled, actual/actual, or scheduled/actual portfolios loan level and reconciliation outages. Provides recommendations to resolve within the Investor Services area and for up-stream processes that negatively impact Investor Services.
- Provides training on processes to staff
- Monitors portfolio performance and aged items to ensure that issues are resolved within established policies and procedures, and that P&Ps are updated to prevent recurrence.
- Performs detailed loan level analysis of loan exceptions, using Excel and various workflow and servicing systems
- Works with departments upstream from Investor Reporting to resolve and prevent breaks that are negatively impacting investor reports or remittances.
- Special projects as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are used in dealings with both internal and external business partners.
- Investor Service and Client Focus: Understands who the customer is including investors, borrowers and individuals from various internal departments. Takes time to listen and understand the needs of each and looks for ways to resolve issues and offers solutions to problems.
- Planning and Organizing: Gives suggestions on how to improve processes and/or create efficiencies, conducts daily activities in a planned, organized fashion, and deals with change effectively and able to adapt rapidly; Works with other business units in order to implement process improvements.
- Maintains positive approach to resolution of issues; Considered trustworthy by both peers and management team; carefully evaluates impact of own actions to Company, investors, employees, and self; Confirms course of action with management team regarding high visibility or sensitive issues. Willingly adds value to team, shares information freely among the team, and communicates with others in a direct, honest, and open manner while maintaining other’s dignity. Moves quickly from receiving information to decisive action; continuously seeks ways to contribute to the success of the team and company overall. Uses failures/mistakes as opportunities to lean and correct, anticipates issues and moves to resolve them. Takes ownership of ones accounts/duties and ensures that issues under their purview are resolved timely and in accordance with departmental standards.
- 5 years of Investor Reporting and Bank Reconciliation is required; Experience or related industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in Accounting or Finance or a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred; Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate in SQL
- Knowledge of various systems including LSAMs, Microsoft Access, SQL various Agency Applications,
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation process for test of expected cash, pool to security balancing, and clearing account balancing a plus.
- Knowledge of FNMA investor reporting a plus.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):