When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Responsible for leading the development, execution of business strategies, and operational direction across the Servicing Loss Analysis group in support of the overall Corporate Goals and Objectives. Accountable for the development of management and staff, continuous process improvement, fiscal control and effective capacity management. Protect the company and investor assets by maximizing default claim recoveries and validating for supplemental opportunities while remaining in compliance. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Define, develop, and execute on the strategic and operational direction for the Servicing Loss Analysis team.
- Work with external parties such as investors, master servicers, and counterparties in delivering and articulating loss analysis findings and results.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality, performance, and production of the reconciliation and analysis on all charged off/paid off/service released/liquidated loans to determine the controllable and uncontrollable loss for each loan.
- Work with the leaders from the Heat Map Testing team and upstream line of businesses (Claims, Prop Pres, Foreclosure, REO, etc..) to advise on the root cause of controllable losses and potential to mitigate future losses.
- Define, prepare and maintain monthly management reports detailing the key performance indicators, loss trends, and root cause of losses for the Loss Analysis team to be reviewed by the VP, SVP, and EVP of Servicing.
- Develop and execute against annual budgets.
- Build/Expand the appropriate daily/monthly reporting, fiscal, and operational controls and procedures to ensure that regulatory, financial, operational and reputational risks are properly mitigated and a controlled growth environment is always maintained.
- Build effective capacity models utilizing a combination of internal staffing and external outsourcing strategies to ensure that financial and operational performance metrics/SLA's are seamlessly executed within budget and within regulatory and internal standards.
- Leverage/Develop Best Practices within the industry to ensure that the company remains competitive on a cost per loan basis while delivering service levels which meet or exceed
- the needs of the customer, client and investor.
- Develop a high performing management team and staff, capable of successfully leading the organization on the current and projected growth path.
- Maintain awareness of the mortgage industry and make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree & typically 12 + years of related professional level work. Experience in leadership position managing operational teams. Financial and operational experience within loan administration or investor accounting preferred.
- Significant experience in managing people
- Proven leadership experience in Senior Management within Mortgage Servicing, specifically in Claims and Loss Analysis.
- 10+ years of experience preferred with Thought Leadership: Make Sound Decisions, Act Strategically, Use Financial Data, Think Creatively.
- Results Leadership: Build Customer Relationships, Manage Execution, Show Drive and Initiative, Manage Plans and Change, Build Support.
- People Leadership: Motivate Others, Develop Others, Promote Teamwork, Show Adaptability.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for leading the development and execution of medium and/or long term business strategies and plans within Loss Recovery department in support of overall corporate goals and objectives. Accountable for the development of staff, continuous process improvement, fiscal control and effective capacity management.