When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development and management of predictive models, segmentation models and portfolio analytics
- Monitor the effectiveness of models in use and continually update model parameters with actual results and changing trends
- Create, enhance and maintain models and model parameters for various models, such as:
- Probability based outcome modeling and NPV optimization
- Portfolio recapture analysis
- Forecasting prepayment speeds, delinquencies and defaults
- Real estate market valuation
- Risk scoring and portfolio segmentation
- Marketing response models
- Other models as requested by the business
- Develop and explain correlations between macroeconomic variables and their impact on portfolio performance, prepayment speeds, delinquency rates and defaults
- Design of Experiments to test strategies
- Ensure that best practices are followed in terms of model development, validation, documentation of model methodology and effective implementation for usage
- Provide analysis and reporting on an adhoc basis to assist in making strategic and/or significant operational decisions
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in an analytics role in the Financial Services or mortgage industry
- BS degree required, with a preference for MS degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or analytics
- 2+ years’ experience with regression modeling, familiarity with machine learning
- Experience using statistical analysis software such as SAS or Python as well as working with relational databases are a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with technology and comfort in using it to find innovative and efficient solutions to analytical problems
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Analytics & Reporting
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for designing, estimating and implementing predictive models to optimize key business decisions and processes for the purpose of driving value for the firm.