When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
This position is for an experienced Senior, Internal Audit who enjoys hands-on involvement with complex internal audit programs.
As a Senior of Internal Audit, you will partner with Mr. Cooper management to collaboratively identify and creatively mitigate risks. You will be involved in evaluation of operational, financial and compliance practices and develop ideas to help clients creatively manage risk while building strong relationships, departmental credibility and demand for audit services. Delivering outstanding audit services to business partners and act as a integral member of the Mr. Cooper team of risk management and audit professionals is a major KPI of this role. This position interacts with internal auditors as well as process and control owners.
- Establishes and maintains effective business relationships and build partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of risks, audit scope, procedures and reporting progress.
- Helps in planning and conducting independent internal audits and reviews in support of the Company’s annual internal audit plan, including leading and participating in a wide variety of Internal Audit reviews.
- Helps developing audit test programs and performs audit tests to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Experience & knowledge in control best practices within key Internal Audit areas including finance processes, mortgage operations, legal and compliance, and other associated internal audit processes such as monitoring open issues, acting as a consultant to the business.
- Supports team in researching to understand and summarize laws and regulations or other requirements and assesses if functions and programs being evaluated are in compliance.
- Prepares audit findings and recommendations that clearly communicate risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee perspective
- Executes and reviews Internal Audit testing and documentation
- Meets with clients / auditees to communicate audit results and recommendations.
- Provides periodic updates to management and the Internal Audit Manager and/or AVP and/or VP regarding status of audits and other projects in process.
- Provide assistance and guidance to external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits (where applicable).
- Develops skills necessary for advancement to other opportunities within the company or within the Internal Audit team.
- Good analytical skills and utilizes data analysis software to perform statistical analyses of data (SQL knowledge a plus, but not required).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job
- At least 2-4 years of public accounting or internal audit experience in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies and practices, including IIA standards, and the implementation of such methodologies
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to excel in highly interactive team environment
- Able to understand risk and control concepts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), specifically, skills with Excel including filtering, pivots, charting and graphing; and PowerPoint skills used in creating various reports for senior management
- Strong project management skills understanding assignments, tracking/monitoring progress, and reporting on status
- Understanding of data and data structure
- Proven experience and knowledge in auditing the following Internal Audit domains:
- Business operations (Mortgage and BFSI experience preferred)
- Finance processes
- Legal and Compliance (prior exposure to U.S laws and compliance preferred)
- Relevant industry certifications such as CA, CPA or CIA is a plus.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Audit & Controls
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Senior Auditor with expertise in Internal Audit