When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Under the general direction the Internal Auditor is responsible for performing professional‑level audit work individually or as a team leader to review the goals, performance objectives, and impact of a variety of financial, operational and compliance programs in conformance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans and conducts independent internal audits and reviews in support of the Company’s annual internal audit plan, including leading and participating in a wide variety of financial, operational, regulatory, and special reviews
- Develops audit test programs and performs audit tests to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Utilizes data analysis software to perform statistical analyses of data
- Performs research to understand and summarize laws and regulations or other requirements and assesses if functions and programs being evaluated adhere to applicable requirements
- Prepares audit findings and recommendations that clearly communicate risks, in terms of impact to the business and root cause, and key audit issues from a senior management and Audit Committee perspective
- Meets with clients / auditees to communicate audit results and recommendations
- Provides periodic updates to management and the Internal Audit Senior Vice President and Assistant Vice President regarding status of audits and other projects in process
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships and partnerships with audited areas to ensure mutual understanding of audit scope, procedures, and reporting progress
- Provides assistance and guidance to external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient completion of their audits
- Develops skills necessary for advancement to other opportunities within the company or within the Internal Audit team
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to plan and execute projects, prioritize tasks, manage and coach assigned staff to maximize performance, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in a highly interactive team environment
- Ability to identify risks and mitigating control procedures and gather, analyze, and evaluate facts to assess the design and effectiveness of the control procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present concise conclusions
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of accounting and auditing including the techniques, tests, and sampling methods involved in conducting audits and the requirements set forth in the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Prior audit experience, including an internship, is a plus
- Certification such as a CIA or CPA, or active pursuit of such certifications is a plus
- Mortgage industry experience is a plus
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Audit & Controls
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Works under general direction to perform audit work individually or as a team that impacts a variety of financial, operational, and compliance programs in conformance with company policies and procedures. Implements and may recommend changes in financial and managerial controls as required to protect assets, prevent fraud, and maximize operational efficiency for the organization.