When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
WHO WE ARE
We are Xome, a real estate services company headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area. As a subsidiary of Mr. Cooper Group, we employ over 1,200 team members nationwide. The nation’s largest financial services companies look to us for integrated and scalable business solutions that help simplify the mortgage and real estate process.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Now, you might be wondering; how exactly do you pronounce Xome? Simple. ZOM (like home, if it started with a z)!
The AVP, Corporate Strategy & Development will serve as a key contributor to Xome’s Corporate Development efforts. This role will report directly to Xome’s VP of Corporate Strategy & Development and will support the executive leadership team in formulating and executing on value creation strategies across the Company’s portfolio of businesses. The AVP will be primarily charged with developing relationships with key market participants, assessing development opportunities for Xome and supporting the execution of strategic M&A efforts. The role will develop formal quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support on enterprise strategic issues and will coordinate in close partnership with Finance on monthly business reviews, Board of Directors presentations and investor requests.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold thing together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Written Communications: Writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Role / Responsibilities
- Stay apprised of mortgage industry trends and proactively engage with market participants to identify potential strategic opportunities
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc strategic projects
- Build consensus around strategic priorities and effectively influence mid-level and senior-level stakeholders
- Drive cross functional collaboration across Xome (business lines, corporate, tech, enterprise risk & audit)
- Manage M&A deal execution processes from initial diligence through final closing
- Prepare analysis, commentary and presentation materials communicating key strategic initiatives to senior leadership, the Mr. Cooper Board of Directors, and other external stakeholders
Education / Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related field is required. MBA or CFA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in commercial banking, investment banking, capital markets or private equity. Mortgage, real estate, accounting experience a plus
- Understanding of mortgage and mortgage services trends and dynamics
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight or junior support
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding environment
- Comfortable producing key senior-executive deliverables under tight timelines
- Proficiency in strategic and financial planning
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint expert
Xome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Pay Range: $117,000.00 - $152,500.00 - $187,000.00
Responsible for a centralized finance department that provides support to general ledger accounting, financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable. Responsible for all financial planning (short-term and long-term) and analysis operations including financial controls (budgets), costs and general accounting. Plays a critical leadership role in providing key financial insight that helps company's strategic decision, financial forecasts and operating plans. May oversee the preparation and analysis of the annual operating plans and earnings projections.