Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
Req ID: 016793
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Director of Correspondent Learning and Development (Re
Designs, plans, and implements corporate training programs, policies, and procedures. Researches new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs. Contracts with vendors for employee participation in outside training programs.
External client training: establish, manage and lead a robust external client training program; responsible for aligning with Correspondent senior management and sales regarding client needs, working through applicable internal partners to communicate externally, establish/ maintain training calendar as well as development of training materials.
· Internal client training/staff development: establish, manage and lead a robust internal Staff Development Program (experts); responsible for aligning with Correspondent senior management regarding internal team member development; work through applicable internal partners.
· Seller Guide: partner with operations, risk & sales to manage, draft and ensure accuracy of client facing Seller Guide. Monitor and analyze agency & regulatory changes to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and impacts to business initiatives and technologies.
· Planning and implementing training assignments: develop action/project plans, obtaining resources, and completing assignments in a timely manner to ensure that workplace learning and performance goals are achieved.
· Instructional design: design, create and develop learning solutions to meet needs; analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact, with emphasis on performance objectives, practice exercises, and skill checks. Learning solutions could include instructor-led training, one-on-one tutorials, self-paced modules, lectures, demonstrations, coaching, conferences, and workshops. Development of materials includes facilitator and participant guides, PowerPoint presentations, job aids, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
· Facilitation: facilitate instructor led training sessions covering specified areas such as external client training, internal staff development, new hire training, on-the-job training, refresher training, ongoing training, etc.; reporting on progress of employees under guidance during training periods; assisting employees with problems concerning "how to" perform specific tasks related to their job function.
· Measuring and evaluating: design surveys and gathering data to answer specific questions regarding the value or impact of learning and performance solutions, focusing on the impact of individual programs and creating overall measures of system effectiveness, leveraging findings to increase effectiveness and provide recommendations for change.
· Administration: coordinate training schedules according to the needs of the Correspondent business, including training registrations and invites; maintain LMS training records, rosters and reports; classroom set-up, scheduling of classrooms and projectors.
· Influencing stakeholders: sell the value of learning or the recommended solution as a way to improve organizational performance, gaining commitment to solutions that will improve individual, team and organizational performance.
Customer focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity & trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Time management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Presentation skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot, controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Written communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job. · 5+ years previous training experience in a Correspondent business is preferred, or equivalent mortgage originations training experience. · Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Webex
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:016793
Primary Location City:Santa Ana
Primary Location Region:California
Primary Location Postal Code:92705
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Origination
Additional Posting Location(s):Chandler, Cypress Waters - Dallas, TX, Home - Texas
SummaryDevelop a comprehensive Internal (Correspondent) and External (Client) training strategy; partner with Correspondent Sales and Ops leadership to identify and prioritize training needs; develop and maintain a robust training calendar for our clients; partner with MRC L&D team to facilitate internal/external trainings; create and design training content