When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Investor Services Analyst II is responsible for the assigned monthly reporting, remitting and reconciling for investors which could include FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA or Private Securities. This includes functions related to service releases, investor to investor transfers, corporate and P&I advance analysis, advance analysis, as well as timely and accurate completion of assigned special projects. Analysts are responsible for performing reconciliations and reporting to Trustees/Master Servicers, in accordance with the terms of the servicing contracts.
Essential Job Competencies
- Creates reports during the reporting cycle.
- Reviews reports and makes required corrections to the loans.
- Acts in the role of relationship manager to his/her counter-parties when reporting.
- Strictly adheres to the Agency and Private Investor Servicing Agreements, Regulation AB, USAP and other guidelines for timely and accurate reporting, remitting, and reconciling.
- Performs reconciliations of complex accounts (Advances) for either Agency, Private Securities, or Clearing Accounts, Service Release, including Test of Expected P&I.
- Timely and accurately prepares and delivers test validations for Agency or Private investors.
- Prepares remittances to investors along with related cash management functions.
- Creates and Reconciles accounts within 30 calendar days.
- Clears reconciling items within 60 - 90 days from the point of identification or earlier based on investor guidelines, either through internal wires, escalations or investor adjustments.
- Prepares wires and GL entries, as needed, to remit or clear aged items related timely and accurately.
- Reporting and Accounting Analysts will conduct root cause analysis of issues on the most complex reconciliations and test of expected cash outages.
- Provides recommendations to resolve within the Investor Services and Bank Recon area and for those up-stream processes that negatively impact business partners.
- Updates Policies and procedures as required Review and approve low complexity reconciliations completed by Investor Services Analysts.
- Review and approve low complexity reconciliations completed by Investor Services Analysts.
- Performs detailed loan level analysis of loan exceptions, using Excel and various workflow and servicing systems
- Special projects as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are used in dealings with both internal and external business partners.
- Investor Service and Client Focus: Understands who the customer is including investors, borrowers and individuals from various internal departments. Takes time to listen and understand the needs of each and looks for ways to resolve issues and offers solutions to problems.
- Planning and Organizing: Gives suggestions on how to improve process(es) and/or create efficiencies, conducts daily activities in a planned, organized fashion, and deals with change effectively and able to adapt rapidly.
- Judgment: Maintains positive approach to resolution of issues is considered trustworthy by both peers and management team, carefully evaluates impact of own actions to Company, investors, employees, and self, confirms course of action with management team regarding high visibility or sensitive issues.
- Cooperation: Willingly adds value to team, shares information freely among the team, and communicates with others in a direct, honest, and open manner, while maintaining other’s dignity.
- Initiative: Moves quickly from receiving information to decisive action, continuously seeks ways to contribute to the success of the team and company overall. Uses failures/mistakes as opportunities to learn and correct, anticipates issues and moves to resolve them.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of ones accounts/duties and ensures that issues under their purview are resolved timely and in accordance with departmental standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in Accounting or Finance or a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of Investor Reporting or Bank Reconciliation Experience or related industry experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience on Mortgage Servicing
- Proficient use of Excel
- Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Intermediate to Expert Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of various systems including CHIP, Microsoft Access, SQL various Agency Applications
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation process for test of expected cash, and clearing account balancing a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver reports that are accurate, usable, timely, consistent, and answer the appropriate questions.
- Solid problem-solving and analysis skills that demonstrate resourcefulness and attention to detail
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):