When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The VP, Compensation position is a key leadership role in the Total Rewards & People Operations organization with responsibility for the Company’s broad based, equity administration and sales incentive programs. The incumbent works closely with the SVP of Total Rewards & People Operations on the planning, design, and implementation of compensation programs and offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads the strategic design, implementation and administration of the company’s broad based compensation programs to include job architecture, base pay, equity administration and sales incentive programs.
- Ensures effectiveness of compensation programs through ongoing evaluation with the use of advanced analytics and stakeholder feedback and engagement.
- Develops and manages compensation policies, governance and compliance.
- Responsible for the annual compensation process; reviews merit increase trends, documents annual assessment processes and makes recommendations for overall company merit budget.
- Responsible for annual performance bonus program and working with accounting for budget accruals.
- Recommends and implements changes to current practices based on the latest market trends and best practices to ensure the organization stays competitive in the market and industry.
- Oversees all equity administration activities.
- Oversees and approves all sales incentive plans for the enterprise.
- Oversees preparation of compensation related reports to ensure accuracy; works closely with HRIS, HR Reporting and Compliance and Payroll in support of compensation programs and maintaining HR data integrity.
- Ensures compensation related programs are compliant with various related compensation labor laws and regulations. Keeps up with best practices and ensures we bring forward current and relevant practices to our compensation programs.
- Leads compensation due diligence and job mapping activities for mergers and acquisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline. CCP strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a strategic thought partner with both internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest level in the organization.
- Creative thinker who can provide thought leadership, think analytically, and solve complex issues and challenges.
- Ability to be ‘hands on’ and work both tactically and strategically to ensure business needs are met.
- Fundamental knowledge of total rewards disciplines (e.g. broad based, sales compensation and equity administration)
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®) preferred, but not required.
- 12+ years of progressive compensation experience working in a corporate compensation role, including 5 years of experience leading a team of experienced compensation professionals and the compensation function required. Financial Services experience strongly preferred.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Plans and directs compensation policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for development and administration of all compensation programs designed to attract and retain employees. Ensures compensation programs remain within budgetary constraints and are compliant with applicable laws and be best practices.