When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
We have two opportunities available, one in Servicing and the other in Originations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for management oversight of origination processes or servicing processes to ensure procedures and processes are followed. Recommending strategy to improve processes and procedures in the origination channels. Providing feedback to origination channels on key metrics. Perform root cause analysis of issues that may arise and communicate to appropriate team to resolve and implement action plans. Responsible for monthly meetings with key origination staff or servicing staff to discuss improvements.
What can you expect?
The VP, Process Reengineering will lead the implementation and execution of Mr. Cooper Group’s largest and most impactful operational transformation initiatives, changing the way we do business and revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
Align process improvement and design projects with business needs. Go beyond data variances to define, explain, and prioritize projects and initiatives based on strategic business tradeoffs. Understand and effectively communicate how transformation projects and initiatives affect business financial measures and be able to enlist constituencies across the businesses to maintain focus on the business payoff of transformation efforts.
What is in it for you?
- Drive a bold and innovative vision to transform Mr. Cooper Group and the enabling Operations & Technology, supporting the delivery of the Operational Excellence (OpEx) agenda.
- Steer profound and disruptive change by leading the execution and delivery of a global, multi-year transformation.
- Explore innovative and better ways of maximizing operational leverage in order to continually deliver enhanced commercial value across internal stakeholders, and most critically, Mr. Cooper customers and partners.
- Engage with senior leadership to develop strategies to address the most comprehensive and complete set of transformation objectives capable of enabling delivery of both OpEx and the strategic business objectives.
We will count on you to:
- Partner with senior stakeholders to engage, challenge and create opportunities for transformational change and drive alignment on the future vision of their respective business.
- Strive to continuously develop and improve how both target business areas and the transformation team itself operate.
- Define the shape and structure of the change agenda. Support business leadership in originating, managing and leading change through deployment of priority programs and strategic change planning.
- Execute and implement the people, process and technology change and successfully lead delivery of projects.
- Contribute to an embedded and effective governance structure and process to ensure projects and programs are supported by a clear case for change, desired outcomes and accurate scope.
What you need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in designing business solutions aligned with strategic vision of the organization
- 10+ years of experience working with, facilitating, and presenting to senior leadership
- Proven record of successful delivery of end-to-end transformation projects, through all stages of project lifecycle
- Significant stakeholder management experience with gravitas and credibility built at the executive and board level
- Extensive experience of people leadership in large project teams and demonstrated influencing experience for non-direct reports
- Relevant track record operating within a large, complex organization, with proven recent experience of taking an organization through complex transformation aimed at process optimization and operational excellence through building business operation systems and control frameworks including staffing, controls and financial / budgetary aspects
- Strong understanding of business operational excellence and transformation best practices and standards – bringing in outside expertise and subject matter excellence
- Demonstrates senior leader maturity, with a executive presence and a strong ability to collaborate with multiple levels of the business and functional leaders to streamline processes and work towards resolution of challenges, constraints, and roadblocks and leading innovation across operations
- Worked for Best in Class organizations and with geographically diverse teams
- Can do attitude and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure with significant emphasis on collaboration, influence and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts, risks and strategies to senior leadership in business terms, while being able to discuss detailed technical aspects with subject matter experts
- Ability to recruit, manage and develop a high performing team of operational excellence and transformation experts
What makes you stand out:
- Project management and transformational leadership experience in a multi-cultural and multi-site environment
- Demonstrated ability in driving multiple simultaneous large-scale transformation programs across multiple functions to include operations and technology
- Strong track record of independent leadership and influencing skills with proven experience of acting as a change agent
- Understanding of innovative technology solutions and their business application (robotics process automation, artificial intelligence, etc.) and ability to discuss and develop new products, processes and standards to support the business strategy
Strategic Business Perspective:
- Clarifies the key success factors that drive successful business performance (e.g., growth, cost reduction, market share, etc.).
- Analyzes trends/long-term plans and determines the financial implications of various business strategies.
- Leads the team to prioritize transformation project selection processes based upon business impact (e.g., reduce risk/cost, improve productivity/profitability, financial impact of implementation).
- Develops and/or tracks appropriate financial and other quantitative measures of projects (e.g., impact on customer outcomes).
- Identifies and leverages appropriate new tools and methods across projects and business settings.
- Identifies key interdependencies among system components (e.g., key drivers of cost, performance, etc., potential negative effects of process interventions, hidden structures that prevent system change).
- Involves others to consider entire range of factors that help and hinder key interventions (e.g., demonstrates big picture thinking).
- Involves business leaders in preparing and sustaining change.
- Applies best practices for introducing, driving, and sustaining major change initiatives.
- Employs various approaches and tools to mobilize commitment and overcome resistance to change.
- Creates a team environment of accountability and commitment for reaching transformation project goals.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Ensures appropriate tools are applied to eliminate non-value-added work.
Project Management and Performance Development:
- Collaborates with others to generate appropriate transformation project goals and organizational measures of success (e.g., customer satisfaction, loss reduction, etc.).
- Optimizes the use of time and resources to achieve desired results (e.g., selects and applies proper tools to the task).
- Identifies and mobilizes critical resource needs required to meet transformation program goals.
- Leverages appropriate tools and technology (e.g., spreadsheets, statistical tests, reports, etc.) to maximize personal and team impact.
Networking and Influence:
- Displays authority and self-assurance when dealing with people at all organizational levels.
- Leads by example; personally models desired values, behaviors, and work practices for co-workers.
- Uses knowledge of personalities and team dynamics to effectively solve problems and facilitate change (e.g., demonstrates organizational savvy).
- Matches different influence strategies and negotiating styles to fit the person or situation.
- Knows when to push an issue and when to retreat and regroup.
- Develops and delivers oral and written communications that have clarity and impact.
- Uses active listening and discussion skills to identify issues, ensure understanding and facilitate problem solving.
- Delivers difficult messages in a constructive and positive manner.
- Celebrates and communicates key successes.
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Provides honest, behavioral feedback in a timely manner.
- Provides development opportunities and support (e.g., training, job expansion, key experiences) to maximize process and transformation orientation across the organization.
- Matches coaching style to the needs of individuals and teams (e.g., directs, coaches, collaborates, delegates appropriately).
- Provides appropriate levels of attention, sharing, and guidance to senior leaders and other stakeholders.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for management oversight of origination processes to ensure procedures and processes are followed. Recommending strategy to improve processes and procedures in the origination channels. Providing feedback to origination channels on key metrics.. Perform root cause analysis of issues that may arise and communicate to appropriate team to resolve and implement action plans. Responsible for monthly meetings with key origination staff to discuss improvements.