When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Scope/Responsibilities: Strategic/Operational ownership for single/multiple sub-segments of a business channel or corporate staff function. Accountability is either a single function within a job family or entire enterprise; if only responsible for a Division, must be accountable for multiple functions within a job family.
Requires judgement to devise & apply new concepts & solutions. Possesses the ability to lead a team of professionals with vastly different job duties. May have full budgetary responsibility for assigned area. Direct Report to an SVP or EVP.
Manages VP and/or below AVP level resources. Responsible for long term business entity planning, strategic ownership and operational direction. Decisions have a high impact on assigned business area; may impact entire enterprise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Strategic focus on new & developing relationships with potential & existing clients. May require interaction, participation & travel to client locations, industry conferences, and client entertainment/engagement.
- Consistent alignment with internal business development partners including purchase, acquisition, correspondent, co-issue & origination. Involvement in contract negotiation, profitability & pricing, and client growth.
- Support of new client onboarding, including project management oversight for private label & special servicing needs. Tracking & successful closure of outstanding deliverables during new & bulk loan set up. Strategic alignment & cadence with internal acquisition & service release partners.
- Overall management for GSE, Government, and Private Loan portfolio team, includes oversight of performance and financial reporting, identification of issues and risks, and portfolio change management.
- Effectively manage multiple high-visibility relationships by providing technical, functional, and process leadership to reduce loss and increase profitability of the each portfolio.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as directors, presidents, senior vice presidents and buyers for Government Agencies, Trusts & Securities, and Private Clients. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary. Aligned cadence with the Government Relations team initiatives.
- Leads and directs the work of others in collaborative & effective manner, including cross-functional strategy and plan development.
- Ability to create strategic solutions on new business needs for internal partners and/or external clients. May require technology implementation or process changes.
- Working knowledge of client contract to ensure performance, compliance, and limited risk or exposure both reputationally and financially.
- Monitors tracking and performance monitoring mechanisms, as necessary, to keep management team apprised of operational activities. Maintain awareness of the mortgage industry and make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Drive the development of the brand loyalty and implement policy, procedure, and atmosphere to support corporate goals, including excellent customer service and borrower focus.
- Coordinate and deliver team and individual goals in accordance with Corporate and Department goals and strategies. Provides mentoring to teams, project teams and coworkers as appropriate. Formulates and delivers employee incentive plans.
- Ensure compliance with agency, State, Government, and company guidelines and laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge (8+ years) of FHA, VA and USDA servicing guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of GSE servicing guidelines.
- Advanced/Proficient knowledge of MS Windows operating system. Proficiency using PowerPoint and Visio to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Prior project management, project coordination/collaboration, or portfolio management experience
- 18+ years of related professional level work experience and experience managing people
- Ability to develop & drive Mr. Cooper core values (Champion, Cheerleader, Challenger), while leading by example.
- Ability to lead & develop team members through the “Great Place to Work” focus areas. This includes the company’s diversity & inclusion efforts.
- Develops communication strategies for area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Significant persuasion skills when resolving complex conflicts ad opposing audience perspectives
- Interaction requires tact & diplomacy
- Requires awareness, respect and the ability to reconcile cultural differences
- Ability to respond & react swiftly with flexibility, as needed for both external & internal needs
- Dedicated communication time for ongoing development & interaction with direct reports
- Documentation, formalization & retention of client & internal partner requests, approvals & decisions
- Typically, a direct report to an SVP channel head & manages AVP/VP level resources
- Leadership should be focused on employee engagement, company core values, career development, performance management, diversity & inclusion, and “Great Place to Work” focus areas.
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING
- Responsible for long term business entity planning, strategic ownership and operational direction
- Provides input for a long-term business entity planning
- Decisions have a direct and/or significant impact on major functional area(s).
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for directing a business development function within Servicing. Managing the Client Delivery team, ensuring the successful acquisition of new loan portfolios. Develop pipeline of loan portfolios for purchase, new market initiatives, or other business opportunities related to mortgage loan servicing. Conduct financial feasibility studies and develop proposals for new business opportunities. Position supports the leadership team in fulfilling operational goals to include cost per loan, portfolio profitability, and agency programs and initiatives. Responsible for developing successful client relationships and open communication among clients or potential clients, as well as with internal Servicing and Default business partners. The SVP Servicing Business Development may regularly interact with GSE and Government leadership regarding company performance to agency standards, industry, and peer performance.