When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Advises and guides HR team and management in HR best practices and ensures consistency and adherence to company policies and applicable employment law.
- Strategically coaches, counsels and develops HR Team and leaders regarding HR practices, fostering a collaborative partnership between HR and the client.
- Clearly consults and offers expertise in creating and maintaining cohesive relationships with all facets of HR and executive leadership.
- Provides all levels of leadership with coaching and guidance specific but not limited to performance management, compensation, employee relations, change management, diversity, and recruitment and retaining of employees resulting in higher productivity and performance within the departments.
- Partners with business units to define job specifications, job requirements and descriptions in accordance with HR practices and compensation guidelines.
- Reviews, consults, and makes recommendations to leaders regarding various HR related matters such as: performance management, leaves of absence, promotions, terminations, organizational design, job documentation, and salary administration.
- Ensures fair and consistent treatment of all employees, and conducts and documents effective, thorough, objective investigations.
- Introduces, lead and influence change management initiatives with leaders in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance.
- Coaches employees on subjects such as career, leadership and performance development plans, compensation matters and assisting employees during implementation of change management initiatives.
- Develops and presents various HR related training programs.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Leads and assists on department projects and other initiatives.
CORE COMPETENCIES/REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and typically 10+ years of related professional level work experience and prior experience managing people; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of HR generalist or a mix of generalist and HR functional area (Compensation, Employee Relations, etc.) experience.
- Excellent leadership skills including; superb communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating and building relationships with all levels of employees and leaders and the ability to maintain a reputation as a trusted resource for advice and guidance.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, technically focused environment is essential. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Possess the tenacity to take on difficult tasks and follow them through to their completion.
- Track record leading complex projects and/or HR programs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, dealing with some intangibles and ambiguity.
- Ability to be flexible and switch gears quickly when needed.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, global environment, with a track record of accomplishment with measurable business impact.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, and effectively, with external and internal customers in person, on the phone, and in writing, while always maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Expertise with commonly used concepts, practices and procedure within HR body of knowledge, including state and federal employment law.
- High level of energy with results orientation.
- Good influencing and problem-solving skills.
- HR Certification a plus but not required.
- Conveys complex information and manages issues across diverse audiences, often external as well as internal.
- Reconciles stakeholder views, requiring awareness, respect and the ability to reconcile cultural differences.
- Assists in developing communication strategies and utilizes persuasion skills.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Provides human resources consultation and support to a designated business unit. Uses knowledge of various human resources functions, including staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations to provide tactical HR support to line managers. Consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the unit's business needs. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions when necessary.