When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The VP Benefits leads the administration and execution of overall benefit programs. Responsible for development and implementation of competitive Health and Welfare benefit programs to maximize the Company’s ability to attract and retain employees. Oversees and ensures plan systems and programs meet various legislative and regulatory compliance requirements. The incumbent works closely with the SVP of Total Rewards & People Operations on the planning, design, and implementation of benefit programs and offerings. Manages daily operational duties of a team.
- Design, administer, communicate, and manage all employer-sponsored health & group insurance plans
- Advises, consults, and serves as a member of the HR Leadership Team in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals, acquisitions, strategic planning, and growth objectives.
- Evaluates and analyzes the results of benefits programs and services regularly and systematically; reports these results to the SVP Total Rewards and key leadership in addition to other management reporting such as benefit loss and claims control, sales, budgets, division P&L, special projects, etc.
- Ensures effectiveness of benefit programs through ongoing evaluation with the use of advanced analytics and stakeholder feedback and engagement.
- Analyzes the benefits market and determines employee needs, trends, regulations, and best practices to modify existing programs and develop competitive programs and services to meet company goals.
- Prepares and monitors department budget.
- Responsible for plan compliance, filings, reporting and other government agency requirements.
- Plans and directs the implementation and administration of benefits programs designed to ensure employees against loss of income due to illness, injury, or retirement.
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs.
- Leads benefits due diligence activities for mergers and acquisitions.
- Oversees Leave of Absence administration
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability as a team leader with exceptional people leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of fully and self-insured benefit programs
- Knowledge of Workday benefits and payroll.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest level in the organization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee benefits.
- Ability to think creatively, plan strategically and solve problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 12+ years’ functional experience in employee benefits or similar HR role
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or similar functional work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic Benefits leadership role.
- Advanced knowledge of DOL, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, and IRS compliance with all regulatory bodies / agencies
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred.
- Experience with AON benefits exchange.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Responsible for the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization's health and welfare benefits programs. Ensures plans remain within budgetary constraints. Ensures that programs adhere to current regulations and support the organization's strategic objectives.