When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Financial Analyst supports Servicing Operations managing expense planning, staffing models, P&L reporting & analysis, the identification of cost savings and related process improvement initiatives across the Mortgage Servicing business segment
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis function for designated Servicing departments and partner with the management team, both operational and corporate, to provide value-added insight into the business
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the company’s business model and competitive/benchmark landscape; recommend and drive best practice adoption
- Proactively identify, track, and analyze key financial and non-financial business metrics; with the goal of contributing to business decisions and driving operational results
- Track and analyze vendor expense for Servicing Operations to provide insights into vendor spend and opportunities for savings
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences
- Provide financial modeling and analysis support for portfolio acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings
- Support quarterly external reporting, including earnings releases and earnings call support information
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed by the Finance Team and our business partners
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 1 - 3 years of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and financial reporting experience required
- Direct experience in Real Estate or the Financial Services industry preferred
- Exceptional financial modeling and presentation skills
- Good comprehension of GAAP accounting and financial statements
- At least 1 year of experience with Cost Benefit Analysis for large scale projects, including benefit measurement (e.g. IRR, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to operate independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to act as a liaison and communicate effectively with Operations, Corporate and Senior Management
- Strong Excel skills including financial modeling, pivot tables, etc.
- TM1, Essbase or similar database experience (TM1 Preferred)
- SQL experience preferred
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Dedicated resource supporting Servicing Operations managing expense planning, staffing models, P&L reporting & analysis, the identification of cost savings and related process improvement initiatives across the Mortgage Servicing business segment