When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Responsible for creation, maintenance, governance, and publishing of company policies, procedures, knowledge both tacit and explicit standards and technical documents (business/functional requirements, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) in the knowledge management platform for use by business end users.
Scope/Responsibilities: Proficiency in basic skills and functions of career path; ability to work on broader scope of work assignments ranging in difficulty. Ability to work with department deadlines. Establishes effective professional rapport with both internal & external customers; ability to deal with complaints and conflict resolutions in a professional and decisive manner. Effectively manages time, priorities and resources to achieve goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation, and gleaning information from the system or product being documented.
- Prepare, edit, and deliver all knowledge in accordance with existing editorial styles best practices and document templates as well as development of SEO to ensure content can be found.
- Translate both tacit and explicit information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Create graphics (screen mockups, report samples, etc.) that aid the target audience in understanding the documented material.
- Participates in business requirements, functional design, testing, and architecture work sessions, as requested.
- Follows documentation projects through to completion, including approval signoff, loading into production, and archival.
- Maintain internal documentation library.
- Monitors and evaluates the knowledge sharing program through gathering of usability feedback from audience and updates as necessary.
- Develops and maintains reporting related to the effectiveness of the system and the effectiveness of the knowledge presented.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education & Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred and typically requires a minimum of 2 - 5 years related work experience. Mortgage and/or Financial services and technical writing experience a plus. High School diploma or state approved equivalency required.
- Leadership/Hierarchy: Operates effectively under general supervision. Receives detailed instructions on new projects. Effectively builds strong relationships with team, manager and department. Often goes beyond the basic requirements and takes on initiatives that clearly add value. Often leverages new ideas; promotes new ways of looking at problems and processes.
- Level of Decision Making: Some decision making authority on daily work assignments. Seeks advice from those who’ve solved similar problems. Probes all fruitful sources for answers, and thinks ‘outside the box’ to find options. Possess objective analytical problem solving skills. Requires relatively little direction to get the job done.
- Individual/Customer Impact: Decisions and actions have high impact on success of team, department, business line and/or client. Scope of work has high impact on team, business unit, department and/or processes. Willingness to go above and beyond the minimum requirements to ensure a positive customer experience. Often searches for ways to improve the customer experience.
- Communication: Exceptionally skilled in verbal and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Demonstrated ability to craft written correspondence that conveys messages that cannot be misinterpreted.
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate advanced computer and software skills necessary for job function; ability to manipulate data to create specific reports if needed. Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, SnagIt, PDF tools, HTML, Archer, Knowledge Management Tools preferred.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):
Pay Range: $59,000.00 - $71,000.00 - $86,000.00
Responsible for creation, maintenance, governance and publishing of company policies, procedures, knowledge both tacit and explicit, standards, and technical documents (business/functional requirements, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) in the Knowledge Management platform for use by business end users.