When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
**THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY!**
The Sr Principal, Workday Financials will be responsible for providing analytical viewpoint and insight over Origination revenue and operational performance and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports the Finance, Accounting and shared services groups supporting Workday and other tools used by these teams.
- Responds to tickets opened by the end users.
- Works on projects related to the Finance Accounting team that are IT/Systems related.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment where there is a variety of tasks from building reports, documenting procedures, resolving ticket, opening and closing accounting periods and daily production support.
- Maintain hierarchies and business process rules, validation rules, etc, anything related to supporting the Accounting systems.
- Maintain security within the system.
- Assists with integrations between systems and scheduling reports and other jobs.
- Maintains user based roles and supports the on-going issues related to files coming in and reports going out of the system.
- Lead implementation projects relating to enhancements and efficiencies within Workday
- Write and develop advanced reports in Workday
- Ability to partner with the business to understand needs and translate them into technology requirements, to understand the system functionality and apply that knowledge to solutioning / working with the business on process efficiencies
- Initiates and develops the implementation of internal and external procedures for improving manual functions by deploying automated solutions.
- Support the audit documentation process
- Work closely with accounting and finance teams to understand pain points, determine root causes and deploy solutions that drive efficiencies
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities with industry knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, be highly organized, and work independently
- Ability to oversee multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
- Capabilities to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise conclusions.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with Workday Financials to perform day to day support required with 5+ years of experience.
- Graduation from a 4-year course work and 7+ years’ experience is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Power Point etc.) and strong data skills are required.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Accounting & Finance
Additional Posting Location(s):
This position is responsible managing the development and enhancement of the company’s financial system, including project management, and ensuring functionality and utilization of such system(s).